“Expensive and slow...........”

The Ocean's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Bangor, Maine
“Expensive and slow...........”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Dined here on a business trip. We felt the food was expensive for what you got. The check out for our group took like 1/2 an hour since they were having trouble with their machine. When I checked my credit card statement, they had put the charge through 2 times. I need to contact them and ask them to remove one of the charges.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Traveler06232009
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for having your group join us for dinner. I am sorry that we were having issues with the system while you were here, and it slowed your departure. I am confused about what you found expensive. Our entrees range from $12.99 up to $22.99. There are even items less than that. We are comparable with other restaurants in our area. I hope that you will have the opportunity to try other entrees on a future visit to Belfast.

Hallowell, Maine
“Good food and drinks, but limited”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The menu selections were just okay, but the selection of draft beers on tap was good. If you're just staying a night or two and you don't want to venture into downtown Belfast or Searsport, why not eat here? The chowder is good.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Richard H
Thank you for joining us for dinner. I am glad that you enjoyed your food and the selections of draught beers. To maintain the freshest food, we do limit our selections during the winter. However, in summer, we have the opportunity to add in specials featuring local produce and fresh off the boat seafood. Come join us!
florida
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The atmosphere was very pleasant and we were offered two free drinks with our entrees. It was convenient to have such a good restaurant in the hotel.

Visited December 2013
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for your review, and the kind words you said about food and service in your hotel review. We hope to see you again soon.
Lower Sackville
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I dined here while staying at the Ocean's Edge Inn. The restaurant is small but comfortable. The server was friendly and the service quick. I ordered the Black Angus burger with fries and coleslaw. I was disappointed in the burger. The menu (I just rechecked on-line) stated that the burger was a "full 1/2 pound of black angus beef". I was expecting a big, juicy, seasoned burger. What I received in the bun was a very flat and bland patty. I have had burgers at birthday party barbeques and community functions etc. that tasted exactly the same as this burger. They were all the frozen patties available at any grocery store (sold as Black Angus)....flat and bland. This burger was a 1/4 inch at best, and obviously not a fresh hand-made burger. My husband sampled a piece of my burger and reached the same conclusion. I do not know why this is advertised as "1/2 pound of black angus beef". Maybe they ran out and had to substitute these patties. Apart from this, the rest of the meal was OK. (fries and colelaw, which was very good). My husband had soup and a small salad and enjoyed it. I wished I had asked the server at the time about the burger, but it was late and we just wanted to eat and return to the room.

• Visited October 2013
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review, and thank you for dining with us. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your burger. We are conservative with seasoning, as some people are more sensitive than others. Since we prepare each meal to order, we are happy to tailor our entrees to fit each diner's tastes. We would be happy to season your next burger to your taste.
I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your meal. We hope to see you again.
Wichita, Kansas
“Amazing lobster bisque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were staying in the motel and arrived late so we decided to eat at the restaurant in the motel. He ordered the lazy man's lobster and I ordered lobster turnovers with lobster bisque. He said it was great, while I thought the lobster turnover was too salty, probably due to the late hour. It came was coleslaw, and I'm not a fan, but this was the best slaw I've ever tasted, if I could get the recipe I would fix it often! I ordered the Lobster bisque instead of a salad, it was to die for! Fresh tomatoes, and creamy but not too creamy, seasoned just right! I have had it often, but never as good as this, there is Definitely a talented chef in the kitchen!

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for dining with us and thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that you found the lobster bisque amazing. I am sorry about the lobster turnover. It is my favorite. Perhaps yours was over seasoned. I will give your feedback to the Chef. I hope that you will try it again next year when you come back for the lobster bisque.