“Varied Menu---Good service”

The Ocean's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Kelowna, Canada
“Varied Menu---Good service”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Too much on the menu but palatable. Certainly not gourmet.

Visited July 2012
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I take it as a compliment that you found the menu too large. We want to offer something for everyone's taste. We serve it in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. I am glad that, overall, you enjoyed it. We hope to serve you again, soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Boy, what a surprise! My family went to the resturaunt because we didn't want to get out of the hotel that night, but I can honestly say it turned out to be the best meal experience we had in Maine. I had the baked stuffed Haddock which was to die for, and my wife had the lobster turnover which she also raved about. The prices were good, and our server (Ryan) was excellent. I would definitely eat there again!

• Visited June 2012
, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to Ocean's Edge Restaurant. When you said that it was your best restaurant experience in Maine, I was deeply honored. We have a great staff who really want to please their guests. I am glad that this was your experience. Also, I have passed along your comments to Ryan and his boss. He was very thrilled.
I hope that you will make a point of dining with us on your return trips to Belfast.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Service was horrible”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The food tasted fine, but the service was lacking and there is a very long wait time for your meal to be served. Server was neglectful with water refills and condiment requests.

Visited June 2012
, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent visit to Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed your food. I am very sorry about the wait for your food and the inattention of the server. I will bring this to the attention of our Food & Beverage Manager for corrective action. There is no excuse for our servers neglecting a table on a quiet evening.

I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and try us on your next visit to Belfast.

Pittsburgh
“In the minority of reviewers?”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Wow! Read the reviews for Ocean's Edge and thought I'd get a quick bite to eat. Staff very friendly,location lovely but our choices off the menu were AWFUL. The chowder had a predominant flavor of oregano drowning any other taste. Tried a main salad of roasted beets with feta and pecans. Feta so fine could barely taste, the roasted beets were NOT fresh and were a very odd texture, the pecans so finely chopped could barely taste and the salad was also COVERED in oregano. The gentleman beside us said his lobster salad was not at all good. He had it the day before when it was a good choice. Maybe it was an off night or the chef wasn't there but based solely on the food I had I would not return or recommend.

• Visited June 2012
Thank you for writing. I was happy to read that you found the service efficient and friendly. I was dismayed to hear about the flavor of the food. I checked with the Chef, and I was told that our recipe for chowder doesn't call for oregano. There is some oregano in the herbed feta that we use in the beet salad, but I am sorry that you found it overpowering. We look for a blend of flavors to bring out the best in our food. There appears to have been an error that night. I am confident that, should you choose to join us again, your experience will be far better. Thank you again for dining with us.

Alabama
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I ate here because I was tired and didn't feel like going to find a restaurant the first night in Belfast. I should have eaten there every night!. Excellent menu and great seafood. The food tasted great and the wait staff was great too.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Brncoman1
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I am certianly glad that you were too tired to go out. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and service at Ocean's Edge Restaurant. Thank you so much for writing. I hope that you will have the opportunity to enjoy our restaurant again soon.