“Very classy place to eat.”

The Ocean's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Belfast, Maine
“Very classy place to eat.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Food is good and it is close to the hotel so its nice to have views of the ocean while you eat.

1 Thank peteson28
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for writing about your recent visit to Ocean's Edge Restaurant. As a senior reviewer, you see many places. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant. Since you are in the area, I hope that you will visit us often.

Boston
“Even Better!”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have written about Ocean's Edge before, but they have changed staff. The service was great for a busy evening, but they were attentive and efficient without being obtrusive. I had the puttanesca with prosciutto, which was fragrant, flavorful and generous with seasoning. My wife had an Ahi Tuna steak with "confetti fruit" on top. It was like a chutney without spice. it was a wonderful compliment to the tuna steak.
Here's the best part: we asked about dessert. Their new Chef likes to make cheesecake. we had fresh cheesecake with strawberries. The cheesecake was creamy, sweet and delicious, not the heavy, gummy cheesecake you get out of most restaurant's freezers.

Visited April 2012
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
It is nice to see a review from a return visitor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. The Chef is rolling out a new menu next week. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us frequently.

Enfield, Connecticut
“An excellent meal and experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I enjoyed a wonderful meal and experienced exceptional service. The atmosphere was clean and pleasant with a beautiful view of the water. I will make a point of dining at Ocean's Edge Belfast the next time I visit the area. Cheers.

• Visited March 2012
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Good Day. Thank you for writing about your dinner at Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, service, and the view. I will share your comments with our staff.

When you are in the area, we look forward to serving you again.

Barry Asalone
“Best oceanfront restaurant in Mid-Coast Maine”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Crackling fire, view of the ocean, homey atmosphere and some of the most delicious American food I've ever had. The eggplant parmesan, fresh bread and cheesecake stuffed strawberries make me wish I lived nearby. Filled with locals -- always a good sign. I am going to make this restaurant a destination for me, even if the Comfort Inn is full. And with their view, they usually are.

Visited February 2012
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our restaurant and the food. We strive to provide great food in a casual atmoshpere with friendly and efficient service. I'm happy that you enjoyed it all. As you noted, we get many compliments on the eggplant Parmesan. People rave about how fresh the eggplant is, because the chef and her staff use fresh eggplant and hand-bread each piece. When you mention desserts, you are talking my language! I look forward to seeing what the staff has for sweets each day. I love the variation.

Thank you again for writing. We hope to see you again soon.

Bangor, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

the best hot coffee ever and the food was worth every cent

Visited December 2011
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for writing about your recent experience at Ocean's Edge Restaurant. I am glad that you enjoyed the food, the service and the coffee. We have recently hired a new Chef, and have enjoyed the changes that she has made to the menu. We have received great positive feedback. Also, the coffee is roasted right here in Maine, supporting the local economy. It is a brand called "Wicked Joe". We have received many compliments on it.

I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve you again at Ocean's Edge.