“It worked for us”

The Ocean's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 60 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ocean's Edge Restaurant specializes in quality cuisine, made fresh and served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere with exceptional views of Penobscot Bay.
Ohio
“It worked for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We arrived about 7:30 on a Saturday night in Belfast, and had to stop at 3 different motels to find a room. We had not had dinner. Finding the Lobster Pound closed for the night, we sought something close. AAA led us to the Ocean's Edge. We were a little less than pleased that it was attached to a motel...that's usually not a good sign. The restaurant is one small room, but very comfy. Our waitress was not very organized (and our tip reflected that), but the menu has a wide selection of offerings and prices, and we were both pleased with our food. Unfortunately it was already dark when we arrived, so we were not able to see the view out the windows. Next time!

• Visited September 2011
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for writing, detailing your recent visit to Ocean's Edge. I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised at the food. I am sorry that the server was disorganized. We are continuously improving and making corrections. I am confident that she will be far more polished on your next visit.
Thank you again. We look forward to serving you again.

Biddeford, Maine
“Have been many times...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Convenient in that it is located in the hotel I stay at. Drawback in that room service is not offered. Food is good, fresh, well prepared. Waitstaff always friendly. Nice view of the water, fireplace nice touch. Small, quiet restaurant with full bar.

• Visited October 2011
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for writing. I am glad that you enjoyed your experiences here. We have considered room service in the past, but determined that we wouldn't get enough volume to be financially viable. We welcome you in the restaurant, or we do have the option of take out. We want to make you comfortable.
Thank you for your many visits and for writing.

Webster, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

No lobster on Monday. I ordered "surf and turf." The steak, ordered medium rare, was medium well. A strip of grisle ran through it. It was not tasty, nor was it tender. Shrimp was tasteless, had to smother it in cocktail sauce. Sidedish of corn was inedible. Corn was tough, couldn't even chew it. This was recommended by the local information people as a top restaurant.. We paid over $80 (including tip) and really felt that we just threw away our money.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Brenda W
Thank you for writing, I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to Ocean's Edge. We do have a reputation for serving good food in a comfortable atmosphere, as the tourist center told you. We didn't live up to our reputation. I don't know if you told your server when you were here. They certainly would have redone your food, or offered you something else. We want people to enjoy their experiences with us.
I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident and allow us to serve you again. I am confident that your next experience will be better.

NJ
“mediocre food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I got in to the Comfort Inn a bit late and did not feel like looking for a restaurant. So when I found out they had a restaurant in the hotel, I figure great.
Not so much.

Food was fair.
French onion topped with brown bread croutons...at like $7. No bargain
Had a pecan chicken breast...ok, but doused in a thick, broken sauce. The "chef's vegetable" was one piece of carrot, 3 half moons of summer squash and 95% very brown onions. But then maybe they ran out, because they were out of a lot of things from what I overheard. Rice...how can a kitchen be out of rice? Friday night...who would have thought.
No salad included. You can get one for $3...but that's ok, since mt waiter got to bring it. Or refill my water. Or bring bread every other table had, or refill my soda..or ask if I wanted dessert or if my dinner was ok.
You get the idea.
And for some unknown reason if took him literally 10 minutes to total my check. 3 items..one person...hmmm.

Was he overworked? There were 10 tables and three wait staff. When they got people at the bar, by the end of my meal, one waiter had to tend bar and still wait tables. But still 3 tables each seems little enough. The one waitress seems about as poor at her job and the bartender/waiter rather better. My poor luck, but you only have a 33% chance at decent service.
The only saving grace was the hostess who was busing tables, resetting them and trying to pick up the slack. Of which there was plenty.

• Visited September 2011
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write, detailing your recent visit. We strive to provide excellent food served by friendly people in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. It sounds like we really missed the mark on your visit. Please accept my apologies.
We look on comments such as yours as an opportunity to improve ourselves through training and reinforcement. I will be passing on your comments to our Food & Beverage Director for follow-up with staff.
As you can see from the other comments, your experience is not the norm for this restaurant. I hope that, next time you are in the area, you will give us another opportunity to serve as your host. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Flower Mound, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

Like it so much we went back again the next night.

• Visited September 2011
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at The Ocean's Edge Restaurant, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you for writing. I am glad that you found your dining experience good enough for you to come back two days in a row. I hope that, when you return to the area that we can serve you again.