“Quesadillas were good, burritos were big.”
Review of Mateo's Hacienda

Mateo's Hacienda
Ranked #25 of 50 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Southwestern, Fast Food, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Quesadillas were good, burritos were big.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This a little hole in the wall, with very friendly staff, where we tired the burritos, tacos, and quesadillas.

I didn't like the tacos. The soft shells were soggy and cold and the tacos were small and lacked flavour. They did not come with sour cream or salsa, which is a deal breaker for me.

Burritos were a little to bland for me, and didn't come with enough sour cream or guacamole despite the face that we paid extra to have them. However, the guys in our group thought they were pretty good and particularly enjoyed the decent sized portions.

The quesadillas were delicious, definitely the best of the bunch, but did not come with sour cream. Had we know they did not come with sour cream we would have ordered extra but we had assumed a quesadillas would come with it, as in most restaurants.

Visited July 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Good Tacos”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The tacos were tasty and the staff was friendly. Mexican food does not have a singular "taste" like the previous reviewer noted. We enjoyed the flavor profiles highlighted in the unique salsa and sides, and will return to try other items on the menu. If you are looking for mainstream or typical mexican, look elsewhere. We recommend the Poblano or Pork tacos from what we had so far.

• Visited May 2013
Rockland, Maine
“The burrito weighs a pound and a half”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is very tiny. Plan on getting your order to go. I went on the recommendation of a colleague. My choice was a Tequila Lime Chicken burrito with peppers. It was heavy. I weighed it when I got home...1.5 pounds. I was not able to taste the distinct flavors of each ingredient. Perhaps, that is the nature of burritos. If I was in Bath and had an urge for a burrito, I'd go back. I wouldn't make a special trip.

• Visited April 2013
Bath, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lousy food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This food does not taste like mexican, the place is dirty an food is gross. More like slop on a taco shell, the meat is runny an greasy.

Visited November 2012
Portland, Maine
“Very good”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

As the previous poster noted, this is a hole-in-the-wall. Think of it as a taco stand/takeout, not a sit down restaurant. There are only a couple of chairs, and there is no public restroom.

However, the food is great, and the portions are generous. I'll be back.

• Visited July 2012