“The burrito weighs a pound and a half”
Review of Mateo's Hacienda

Mateo's Hacienda
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is very tiny. Plan on getting your order to go. I went on the recommendation of a colleague. My choice was a Tequila Lime Chicken burrito with peppers. It was heavy. I weighed it when I got home...1.5 pounds. I was not able to taste the distinct flavors of each ingredient. Perhaps, that is the nature of burritos. If I was in Bath and had an urge for a burrito, I'd go back. I wouldn't make a special trip.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This food does not taste like mexican, the place is dirty an food is gross. More like slop on a taco shell, the meat is runny an greasy.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

As the previous poster noted, this is a hole-in-the-wall. Think of it as a taco stand/takeout, not a sit down restaurant. There are only a couple of chairs, and there is no public restroom.

However, the food is great, and the portions are generous. I'll be back.

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Amazing. This place is the definition of "hole in the wall" but the food FRESH, and prepared with great care. We had the special: Burrito with pork and sweet potato. I've had a lot of burritos, and these were outstanding. Ask for their homemade jalapeno salsa. I've never had better. It's not "I dare you to eat this" hot. It's just plain good. It's hot, but has a great savory flavor. The portions are generous, and we brought home some leftovers. They were so good that we had the leftovers for dinner that same night. EAT HERE. You won't be sorry!