“Wow, wow, wow”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Wow-- for ambience. Clean, contemporary design with wonderful art, classically modern dishes and cutlery, Angela Adams rugs hanging from the wall (a local rug maker), inventive mobiles. Uncluttered yet warm. Think Scandinavia meets contemporary craft.

Wow for food. Truthfully, I don't remember exactly what we ate. (That is the fault of my memory not Solo Bisto's food.) But I DO remember that we loved what we had. We shared a soup, tasted some salads, had fish and another main course--maybe the vegan lasagna. Everything was delightful.

Wow for value. The prices were quite reasonable, given the quality of the food, service and overall experience.

I'll detour to Bath when I am next in Maine just to eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Solo Bistro

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I ate with my family for lunch at the Solo Bistro. We had an interesting range of food, from burgers, to chowder, soups, sandwiches and deserts but given the classy look and what I was expecting (from the various feedback) I was disappointed. The food was OK, but not really tasty: soups were not thick enough and tasted more like water, cheese was OK but crusty bread very average, sandwich had good oily bread but far too thick and missing additional bits to make it interesting, burger was good, and deserts (we took 3) were very disappointing (either way too sweet for the lime tart w/ a bad cream as a side, or tasteless).
Environment and waitresses were good and helpful, but food was average although there is a definite effort to be distinct from the usual restaurants (which is great really),

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful fresh food served by friendly helpful staff. Don't miss their scallops, salads, reasonably priced wine, and homemade desserts. Very attentive to special diets in our case gluten free.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

went with our Falmouth children and grand daughter on their recommendation....and was not disappointed. Got there when they opened (10AM) and between us we had fruit crepes, wild mushroom and asparagus crepe, crab cake salad, and traditional eggs/bacon/home fries. All was delicious. Very attractive and open space, and efficient wait staff. A great and satisfying way to start Sunday travels

Reviewed August 13, 2014

There is no question that this is the best restaurant in the Bath/Brunswick area but that title is relative. Since Clementine's in Brunswick went out of business the competition is not that distinguished and Blue at Grey Haven has lost the edge it had a few years ago. The decor is nice and the service very good but there are two major problems: #1. The chef has become just too damn creative. My excellent swordfish had so much garbage on it that open had trouble tasting the fish. #2. The noise is deafening. Anyone with a hearing problem is going to have a very difficult time carrying on a conversation..Putting up some sort of wall coverings on the brick walls and rugs on the hard floors would detract from the modernistic decor but help the sound level considerably..Angela's mussels were simply prepared and excellent. The spring roll (oxtail) was awful. More like an egg roll and deep fried. A spring roll should be light not heavy like a rock. Bottom line, its still the best restaurant around but it could easily be so much better.

1  Thank gardner34285