“So good I ate here 3 nights in a row!”
Review of Solo Bistro - CLOSED

Solo Bistro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Best food in town. Great service. Loved it. Chef is brilliant - best lobster I have ever tasted. Would highly recommend and if I am ever in Bath again I will head here first! I believe they to a fixed price menu once a week if you are on a budget great value!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have dined here many times,we live nearby. The dining experience, from the meal to the service has always been exceptional. I dined here last night and was disappointed on both counts. I ordered the Bistro Salad with Bistro burger. The pecans were burnt, had to request condiments twice. The waitress did not return to our table to inquire how our meal was. I water was warm, no ice. When I asked for ice the waitress looked surprised. It felt as if my presence was putting the waitress out. The owner was not in the house. I can't help thinking my experience would have been much improved if owner was there.

1  Thank ScopeMaine
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have been going to Solo Bistro regularly since they have opened and have always had a great experience. Last night was different. One of our regular waitresses stopped and got us a drink. Turned out she was not to finish our service. Instead we were to be served by one of the most indifferent waitress I have seen in a long time. She plopped down the bread with out comment. Usually the type of flavored butter is explained. She need to be asked twice for a clean fork. Served a like warm soup and never inquired of our satis faction. The meal was well done; lamb chops and a burger. She did ask a out this when we were nearly finished. That is also when she inquired about a second drink. Water was refreshed with room temp water without ice and it was a warm night. I did note the Owner was not in the house. She keeps things on track. We will not go back when the owner is gone. I hope that is the only problem here and it is not a trend.

1  Thank Likeapossum
Reviewed September 10, 2013

While staying in Georgetown Maine recently my husband & I drove over to Solo Bistro for dinner, what a great experience !
We were there on a wed. & sat outside on a beautiful Sept. night.
To start with let me just say that I had the BEST margarita ever , I know it's about the food but the bartender sure can make a drink !
I ordered the wed. prix fixe (17.99) organic farm salad,eggplant parm over roasted tom. linguini, and an amazing lemon-thyme panna cotta.
Husband had the local cheese plate, and the lamb chops.
enjoyed with a great bottle of McManis Syrah.
Overall the best meal of the week.
Do not miss Solo Bistro if in the area!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My first review of this restaurant was very good, and the meals we had were really good. I can't say this again, our second visit was not good. Were there some positives? Yes. The mussel appetizer was very good, not a great price, but okay. My glass by the wine was very good and a good price. My meal of Steak Fritte's/Hanger steak and handcut fries was very good, well priced and a good portion. My husband ordered the special of swordfish and shrimp. He LOVES swordfish, he has been a commercial swordfisherman, he has travelled the world and eaten swordfish around the globe, we have artwork that you guessed it...is of swordfish. The piece of swordfish on his plate was MAYBE two ounces, and that was before it was cooked. There were three small, rubbery shrimp next to the little bitty piece of swordfish on a small skewer. It was $29. I have NEVER wanted to go into the kitchen of a restaurant and say, "really, are you kidding me", but I did want to this night. We will not be returning. My husband was STARVING when we left. Ruined date-night, ruined our opinion of this restaurant. We live in Brunswick, the next town over, we would have loved to have Solo Bistro as one of our go-to on date night restaurants, but it's off the list. Were they afraid of running out of the special? Did they decided to make the portion of fish tiny to not run out? I don't know. But when I say tiny and MAYBE two ounces, I mean it. As we were leaving there was another couple, where the husband was ordering the special, I hope he ate a big appetizer, otherwise I bet he left starving too.