“The place for hungry people!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Naples, ME
“The place for hungry people!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2006

If you love food as I do, the Galley is the place to eat. If you judge food by it's "Presentation" or the restaraunt's "Atmosphere", don't go to the Galley because you won't find either.
This place is tucked away on Centre St. You could drive or even walk by it a hundred times and never be tempted to stop. In spite of it's out-of-the-way location, it's almost always busy. This in itself tells you something - i.e., it's good enouigh to draw a crowd!
Their breakfasts are so large that if there are 4 of you, you might have to split and use another table to hold all the food.
I have also had some real taste treats. One was a fresh crab sandwich with a taste to die for! Eat until you can't hold anymore, pay a bill so small that you'll think that they made a mistake, and take the rest home for another meal.
The waitresses are mostly "experienced" and friendly. The service is not hectic, but my meals have always been served hot.
This is my favorite restaraunt.

3 Thank Frank K

A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Food! But Horrible Service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2006

Th Galley Restaraunt in Bath, Maine on Centre Street is one of my favorite places to go for one reason. They have excellent food at great prices. The only problem with this restaraunt is that they seem to have a problem with getting this wonderful food to it's customers. The other day I sat in there for over an hour after my order was taken before I finally walked out. This really makes me angry because I love the hash and eggs that they have. Outstanding. Another complaint is that they never seem to refill your drinks while you are eating. Another thing is the cleanliness. I am almost positive the restaraunt is not up to code, but I really don't care, the great food outweighs the bad. The waitresses should make themselves a little more presentable as well. It seems like the mullet is back in style in the galley.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member