“Good food, small portion” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, small portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Food tasted great, wish there was more of it for the price. I got chicken fingers and fries and was very surprised at the small plate that it was served on. Seems like a good place to bring the family, friendly staff.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bath, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great subs been going there for years, fresh bread, made fresh make s a world of difference in the bread if fresh or not . not like Subway where its hard

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edmonds, WA
“Great subs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place has the best Italian sandwiches in Maine (just my opinion). Mario's has been around forever - not an easy thing in a small town. They have a huge selection of sub sandwiches and other items. This is the place I go for a true Maine Italian when I'm in town.

Visited September 2012
Mary Esther, Florida
“The only place for Italian Sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I cannot come back to Maine without grabbing an Italian at Mario's. As a world traveler, I have had many, many terrific sandwiches. Nothing compares to the taste of home and the staff at Mario's captures the flavors perfectly. I recommend the ham Italian, with peppers, onions, black olives, white American cheese; plus oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Enjoy!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Rick O
frisco, tx
“Good, quick, well-priced food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We recently ate here twice while we visited Maine. We wanted something quick and affordable so we tried Mario's. The place had a unique feel and looked like it had been around a while. We were impressed. The place was very friendly and homey feeling, and our food came out in 5-10 minutes. I had the chicken parmesan sandwich, my husband had a Boston-style Italian sandwich, and my son had a kid's chicken nugget meal. They were all great. We later had carryout there and had a calzone with garlic cheese bread. It was very good as well.

Visited June 2012