“Amazing and friendly”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing and friendly”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visit this little slice of heaven every chance we get. The owners and staff are so friendly, and the food is amazing! If your ever near bath maine this is a must!

1 Thank Eric N

“Starlight star bright”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This casual little breakfast and lunch place is a diamond in the rough, a wonderful find. It is hidden away in the basement of a building on Front Street, next to the old Customs House and near the Kennebec. Everything about it was delightful. The food, all fresh and homemade, included many of the usual items, but some imaginative and unconventional ones for the more venturous, and it was all delicious. The staff were warm, welcoming, and funny. The decor was was fun, too, kind of funky antique, and some of the items were even for sale. Well worth a stop, or more than one!

Belchertown, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tasty Sandwich”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have had breakfast here before and really enjoy reading all about their specials on their facebook page. But my corned beef sandwich the other day was delish!! I would advise anyone interested in this type of sandwich to try it. The cafe is small but has a lot of atmosphere. Antiques line the shelves and the owner has a variety of salt and pepper shakers for sale, some very old and some not too old. These little touches make it a great place to plant yourself for a great meal. I plan on many future visits to Bath and the Starlight Cafe. Thank you Angie, Justin, Laura, Donna and all the staff who served us that day.

Bath, Maine
“Not Impressed as Others”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This restaurant wasn't BAD, but I don't understand how it's so high on the Trip Advisor list. We had soup, which was OK at best, and sandwiches, which were again, OK. Pretty expensive for what we had too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank S_Simms64
Bowie, Maryland
“Great lunch, friendly staff!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

While we were in Bath, Me. the first week of July, 2014 we had to try Starlight Cafe. I had read so many positive reviews here on TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint! Not knowing their hours, but having read they are only open for breakfast and lunch, we showed up about 10 minutes till 2:00. For future reference, they close at 2:00 pm. But our late arrival did not deter the staff from being friendly and wonderful!! I'm impressed with all of them. It was no problem to order and they didn't mind if we stayed to eat. I asked if they did carry-out and they did, so I said "lets do that and we'll have our lunch in the park". I didn't want them to have to stay later because of that, but they never made us feel that way either. I had the grilled vegetable sandwich and my husband had the Reuben, both served with chips. Plus we got one of the large blueberry muffins that were displayed by the cash register! The sandwiches were generous, the bread was delicious!! My sandwich had several kinds of veggies and I have to say it was a "melt in your mouth" kind of thing, a five star sandwich for sure! My husband felt the same way about his Reuben. The blueberry muffin was fantastic....it really was. So we carried our lunch over to the little park just a short walk away and had a very pleasant and relaxing lunch. Stop by the park when you're in Bath, they did a nice job when they created that space, it's right on the river. Can't wait for our next visit to Maine, we will go out of our way to stop at this little spot again! It's right in the downtown area of Bath and kind of tucked away on Lambard Street close to the courthouse.

1 Thank rhondah67