“Great lunch, friendly staff!”
Review of Starlight Cafe

Starlight Cafe
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Bowie, Maryland
“Great lunch, friendly staff!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

While we were in Bath, Me. the first week of July, 2014 we had to try Starlight Cafe. I had read so many positive reviews here on TripAdvisor. It did not disappoint! Not knowing their hours, but having read they are only open for breakfast and lunch, we showed up about 10 minutes till 2:00. For future reference, they close at 2:00 pm. But our late arrival did not deter the staff from being friendly and wonderful!! I'm impressed with all of them. It was no problem to order and they didn't mind if we stayed to eat. I asked if they did carry-out and they did, so I said "lets do that and we'll have our lunch in the park". I didn't want them to have to stay later because of that, but they never made us feel that way either. I had the grilled vegetable sandwich and my husband had the Reuben, both served with chips. Plus we got one of the large blueberry muffins that were displayed by the cash register! The sandwiches were generous, the bread was delicious!! My sandwich had several kinds of veggies and I have to say it was a "melt in your mouth" kind of thing, a five star sandwich for sure! My husband felt the same way about his Reuben. The blueberry muffin was fantastic....it really was. So we carried our lunch over to the little park just a short walk away and had a very pleasant and relaxing lunch. Stop by the park when you're in Bath, they did a nice job when they created that space, it's right on the river. Can't wait for our next visit to Maine, we will go out of our way to stop at this little spot again! It's right in the downtown area of Bath and kind of tucked away on Lambard Street close to the courthouse.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank rhondah67

Cambridge MA
“Incredible Breakfast Spot in Bath”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great food + thoughtful people = great start to any day! My son loves their white chocolate chip pancakes which you can see from the picture were bigger than the plate. The hash & eggs were definitely homemade. But the real stand out is the couple who owns this place! When we came in this year, they remembered us from 2 summers ago. This place seems to be a favorite with the locals so it can get crowded but it was definitely worth the wait. When ordering your toast, remember to order their special bread.

1 Thank cote_a_cote
Garland, Texas
“Still great Raspberry pancakes”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We ate here twice two years ago and ate here again twice during our last visit to Maine. The restaurant is family owned and operated and everyone works very hard to make it a pleasant experience. People were standing around waiting for the restaurant to open-it is obviously a favorite with the local residents of Bath. I still love the raspberry pancakes and the Wonderful Wicked Joe's coffee. The Whoopie Pies are also great.

Fulltime RVers
“What a find!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a Saturday morning breakfast and it was one of the best we have had. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere was delightful. We were greeted by the cook and a sign that said "Here's the drill..." and went on to tell us how to order and proceed. Once our order was in, we got our own coffee and found a table for two. Our meal was delivered to our table along with utensils and things such as butter and syrup. After eating, we bussed our own table. The person who recommended the Starlight Cafe works in a nearby bank, and she told me they make their own breads and that their lunches are great, too. We certainly would be regulars at the Starlight Cafe if we lived nearby.

3 Thank David V
Bath, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best breakfast”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

service was fantastic. the large portions are wonderful for either breakfast or brunch. prices are the best in the city!

Visited June 2014