“Good Food & Service”
Review of J R Maxwell & Co.

J R Maxwell & Co.
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Adirondacks, New York
“Good Food & Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We were seated quickly and given warm bread and butter. I love it when restaurants don't give you cold butter! The menu was simple and features local options - my wife had the haddock special and I had the blackened salmon. Both were delicious with great sides. The drink and dessert menu were a bit bland so we skipped that. The service was excellent and we would go back without hesitation.

1 Thank KylersKL

Reisterstown
“Very Good Food and Attentive Service”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had a late lunch at J R Maxwell & Co. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive.
My wife ordered the soup of the day which was vegetable beef and it was very good. I orderd the turkey cheddar club sandwich which was also very good. We will eat here again, someday.

• Visited August 2014
“Not terrific”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Undercooked bland burger, dry tasteless quiche. "Fresh fruit" side was really limp melon, pineapple, citrus and grapes from a jar. We thought Indian Pudding dessert would redeem a less than good meal served by a disinterested and clueless waitress.....but what we got was molasses and corn meal soup for dessert accompanied by a miniscule melting dab of ice cream. All this accompanied by two sports TVs....not our idea of a good time for $30+ lunch. Pass this place by.

• Visited July 2014
Raleigh, NC
“Reasonable Prices, Good Location and Food”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had a late lunch with another couple. It is located in a nice stretch of historical buildings with various shops.
I had the haddock and my wife had chowder and salad. Hers was very good, while mine was good (nothing exceptional). We would eat there again although I'd try something different next time.

• Visited August 2014
“Good place with OK food,”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I ate at JR Maxwell with my family (2 kids). The food was as expected, OK and had the usual plates (mixed of seafood and meat). Overall I enjoyed the place, nothing fancy but comforting and I would go back for a good time with family. Waitress was very helpful along with the overall staff.

Visited August 2014