“Wife's New Favorite”
Review of J R Maxwell & Co.

J R Maxwell & Co.
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Cape Cod
“Wife's New Favorite”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My seafood loving wife says she has never had better fried clams in her life and her "crispy fries" were phenomenal!!! We started with the lobster bisque with " Chunks" of lobster, while I had fantastic French Onion soup. I had the grilled prime rib, probably @ 10oz that was nicely cooked, very tender and juicy but the loaded baked potatoes was just "ok". My wife couldn' t finish her clam plate but I ended with a delicious creme' broule. I almost forgot the loaf of warm fresh bread when we ordered. Our waitress was on top of everything, when I asked to have the grilled prime rib more on the rare side she kindly mentioned it would be more medium but quite tender. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank danmichaleis

Maine, USA
“Bad experience”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I have gone here for years but a group of friends and I went the other night and much of it was inedible. My friends got the stuffed mushrooms and said they were terrible. The buffalo bites were gross and didn't seem like chicken. The soap of the night seemed straight out if the can. The service was excellent but the food was very disappointing.

1 Thank toryandrew
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Good food. Great bartender with a memory like an elephant. She remembered me - - nearly a year later. Nice atmosphere.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank akamum
Nyc
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Sometimes the food is great and sometimes it is ok. The hamburger was great the lobster so so in the winter. The portions are very big and it has a real Maine ambiance. We go often.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank fancynancy10803
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the surf and turf. Asked for med-rare steak and not to over cook the lobster. Received well-done meat and could not even crack the lobster shell. Friends with us expressed displeasure with their order also. Last time for me...Additionally, service was very slow and there were very few people eating!

1 Thank Brice M