“what a wonderful place”

Kennebec Tavern & Marina
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“what a wonderful place”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely lunch on the outdoor terrace under an elegant blue umbrella, with a marvelous view of Bath's big bridge over the Kennebec River. The service was prompt, the drinks were very nice, and the food was scrumptious. We began the meal with tasty appetizers; my wife ordered steamed mussels, which were well prepared, if a bit on the small side, and I got a bowl of awesome lobster stew (made with butter, cream, and a nice shot of sherry). While eating these delicious starters, we sipped on the local Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale, which
was refreshing with a very smooth finish, and then moved on to a frosty Shipyard Ale. We then shared cajun-accented crab cakes and a large garden salad. For dessert, we had blueberry sour cream pie with a lovely pecan garnish that went very nicely with our after lunch coffees.
The whole experience was very special, and our server, Julie, highly skilled. The overall
tone was a blue one: blue umbrella, blue river water, Blueberry Ale and Blueberry Pie :) It was a
but on the pricey side, but well worth it in every respect.

Venice, Florida
“Continues to be an enigma!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I review the Kennebec once a year and this is my third or fourth review. People love it or hate it! We are "regulars" during the summer dining there about every two weeks. We used to enjoy the bar atmosphere but Mary has left for Linda Bean's in Freeport and Charlie no longer works nights and the replacement aren't that gregarious so they have lost a lot of bar business as a result. . The place is immaculate, nicely decorated and a view of the Kennebec to die for. Service is good. Most of the waitstaff have been there for years supplemented by college kids during the summer. BEST FRIED SCALLOPS IN THE WORLD! And that is what we go for. The fried clams, yes they serve the usual Maine coast seafood, vary from excellent to mediocre depending on who is in the kitchen frying. Tuesday nights seem to be the best bet we find. Good portions, a little higher than average prices, but I find you generally get what you pay for in Maine. Angela likes the grilled haddock. Good and reasonable wines but they sometimes are out of the better ones. Try the Canaletto Pinot Grigio if they have it......A nice covered deck overlooking the marina but mosquitoes can sometimes be a problem. One Gardner star.

Nokomis, Florida
“Ambiance--service---food---prices all good.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

August 8 noon two persons. We ate in dining room--had an excellent view of the Kennebec River and Marina. adjacent to the restaurant. Hostess was pleasant, asked our seating preference. We got a nice table by the window. This was a lunch meal. Wife had hamburger. [$9.50] She said it was one of the best she has eaten. I had a large Cobb salad. [$10.00] It was excellent. Server [Allison] was pleasant, and service was good. Beers are reasonably priced. [$3.00] I had 2 Andrews local craft beer on tap.
Price for all above was $26.86.
Would I go back? Yes.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Marina Setting, Food just OK”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had a Saturday night dinner at the Kennebec Tavern on a Saturday night with my son. We sat outside and watched the boats come in and out which was a great bonus. It seemed very quiet in there for a Saturday night, both inside and outside. The service was on point and very attentive. The food was definitely lacking flavor. We ordered Ceasar salads to start, my son found a piece of plastic wrap in his, the dressing was a bit heavy on the mayonnaise side for us. I had the broiled haddock which was good but seemed bland. My son wanted the NY sirloin but they were out at 8PM on a Saturday night. Waitress recommended the flank steak as a substitute so my son went for it. Ordered it medium and he had to fight his way through it. It was a tough piece of meat. Dinner for two with one beer was around $60.

ny
“NICE TO DINE OUTDOORS - AVERAGE FOOD - AVERAGE PRICES”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As so many others have said, the best part about this place is the views. Dining outside is always a pleasure and looking at the river while dining makes it even better. The food is fair.
My wife had the scallops which were a bit tough and I had haddock which was ok. We never
got any bread nor did we see anyone else get it. Would I go back? Probably not but it should
be experienced at least once.