“Great BBQ Reasonable Prices”

Beale Street Barbeque and Grill
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a go to place for a fine meal any night of the week. We were greatly chagrined to see the South Portland restaurant close but this was due to a management issue not the quality of the food. Bath is where this now faded empire started (Augusta has a similar restaurant under a different name) and the the mother ship still turns out fine BBQ and comfort food. It's all good: the BBQ, beans, greens, mac and cheese. The corn bread is my favorite in this state. Great Maine micro brews. Unpretentious, a great value, go here for a great night's meal.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

When my friend suggested we go to Beale Street I was thinking, "what are you nuts, we are next to the ocean. get seafood!"
Wow, was I in for a surprise! Now, no trip to the Bath area is complete without a trip to Beale Street. Great food and beer and a great staff keeps me coming back year after year!

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Great choice in Bath! It's primarily BBQ (which was quite good) but they also serve non BBQ items ( e.g., sweet potato and black bean burrito, fish tacos). About half a dozen Maine brews were available too. It's quite small so you might have to wait (no reservations), but it's worth it and reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is small and always busy in the summer. Beef brisket, crab cakes, bbq pork and chicken....all the BBQ faves are represented and are very good. I think their prices are very fair as well. Our guests each summer always want to return. Have to warn you they get busy and the service can be very up and down. If you have a large party better call ahead. Nice change from all the fried seafood in Maine.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

For the past 12 or more years, we've frequented this local standout establishment. I tell my friends who come to visit that it is my favorite restaurant in the world. A bit much perhaps, but I so enjoy the combination of really great Memphis style barbecue, a variety of non-BBQ dishes for those strange souls who don't like the stuff, a great selection of Maine beers on tap, including always having one cask-conditioned ale (Brit style pumped). The service has ALWAYS been great for us, with amazing continuity of staff from year to year.

This is not a plush restaurant, but a homey small bar/grill with great blues music playing in the background, and a crowd of locals and visitors who appear very glad to be there.

It has really spoiled me for BBQ, which I generally find to be inadequate at other places across the country, many of whom claim to have good stuff.

It is always possible to have a problem with service at some isolated moment anywhere, but it is hard for me to imagine anyone unhappy with this great spot.