“second best filet ever!”
Review of Admiral Steakhouse - CLOSED

Admiral Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Street
Reviewed May 16, 2011

The filet mignon was perfect, melt in your mouth perfect. Only better I ever had wqs in a very fancy place in Palm Springs. The food was GREAT, the prices VERY reasonable, (I've paid a lot more for lousy meals) and the service was friendly and attentive. I will definetely go back!

1  Thank jazzmom5656

Reviewed August 8, 2010

My Husband and I had the pleasure of eating here and it was such a nice experience.
We sat at the Bar and we eneded up meeting the owner who was very nice and got to talk to him, we also met some lovely local people too Now the food I had the Filet Mignon and the garlic mashed potatoes yum!!! My husband had a newyork strip which he also enjoyed. We go to maine every year and we will be sure to go back So if you are in Bath you have to go here, and if you are reading this stay away from the kennebec tavern which is also in Bath maine it was the just plain awful the food the service everything

2  Thank Jenee22
Reviewed August 4, 2010

It's a steakhouse, so the menu is heavy on that side, but there are alternatives: chicken, fish (no shellfish), and pork. The ambiance is perfect: dark paneled walls and ceilings, small rooms - 3-4 tables, naval mementoes and pictures on the walls. It's a quiet steakhouse. There are no foot-stamping, singing servers, no birhday songs. Just wonderful food. Our 6 oz center cut filet was tender, juicy, and cooked perfectly. The PT109 Pork Porterhouse with roasted garlic onion jely perfectly carmalized and topped with sauted leeks was tender and delicious. The service was very good, even if the waitress was a bit too chatty. It's the best place to eat in Bath.

3  Thank fosterdog18
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We ate dinner here this evening to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. We've lived in Bath/Brunswick since February of 1995, so we're fairly familiar with the local scene. Hubby would rather eat in B/B than Portland, which is our reason for choosing Admiral. It was our first visit here.

We were greeted promptly and led to a nice table. Their cockatil menu is inventive and I highly recommend the Bellini. The warm cheese bread was a nice touch.

Menu is very reasonably priced. Hubby chose 12 oz. Delmonico and I had the 8 oz. Delmonico medallion. We had oysters as an appetizer. Waitress wasn't exactly sure where the oysters were from, she alluded to West Bath. They were good nonetheless.

Steaks were done perfectly. My opinion of DH's steak...lots of fat/gristle and rather a thin cut, but done as requested. My medallion was great, cooked perfectly. My biggest complaint of the evening was my au poivre sauce (you can request steaks with sauteed mushrooms or other varied sauces, such as Bernaise, horseradish cream, etc.). My sauce tasted like it was from a can. Very chemical...too salty. The sides were good (DH had a baked I had garlic smashed, we shared some creamed spinach). The wine list was abbreviated, but good selections. Our Malbec was outstanding.

We were too full for dessert. We did see a carrot cake pass by and it's enough for at least 4 people!

The wait for our check was a bit lengthy...

1  Thank chefsofee
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We came back here again this year after an excellent dinner last year. Outstanding food and service. Best restaurant in Bath by a considerable margin.

1  Thank gardner34285