“an unforgetable stay at the Inn at Bath”
Review of The Inn at Bath

The Inn at Bath
Ranked #4 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed March 27, 2006

Upon arrival the Inn at Bath, the Innkeeper, welcomed us at the front door. THe Inn is situated on a downtown New-England corner, one block from the river. It is a gorgeous Inn with the most hospitable of hosts. The breakfast was like none we have ever tasted, prepared fresh every morning at a time which best suited us. The innkeeper also was incredibly knowledgable regarding the area and scenic routes to approach the many peninsulas of the Maine- Mid coast. she was also willing to print maps and give us personal directions to and from the area. We stayed in the Captains cabin, which has a jacuzzi, woodburing fire place, and a beautiful 4 post bed. The room is on the "basement level" of the home, however the windows which were not like basement windows at all, offered abundant sunlight into the room, making it bright and cozy during the day! The jacuzzi tub was amazing! The Inn at Bath is an incredibly romantic getaway with heart warming and home-like feel. We simply cannot stop talking about the amzing stay we had! We would recommend this bed and breakfast to ANYONE looking to escape their daily trouble and sneak away for a cozy retreat. We thank the innkeeper for making our stay so fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 22, 2006

This is the second time that I have visited the Inn. My first visit was in October 2005 was with my husband. From the moment we met the innkeeper, Elizabeth we knew we had found a treasure. She was full of ideas for trips (shopping, hiking, and what not to miss). Our room was wonderful in a bright yellow with a queen size bed, the luxurious room included a bidet in the bathroom. It was the attention to detail like the door hidden by a bookcase that lent a special feel to the room.

My most recent visit was with my daughter. We were doing the college tour of the area (Colby, Bates & Bowdoin). I had told my daughter (after a not so thrilling night at the Middlebury Inn) that she was going to be wowed by the linens and the luxurious feeling of this inn. We arrived late and were welcomed by Elizabeth. We had the Lavender Room (a king sized bed and a private bath). We spent some time in the living room by the fire warming up after a long day. On our way to bed my daughter was thrilled by the dish of chocolates on the banister. As we crawled between the sheets, she put her frozen feet against me and sighed that I was right that the bed was like heaven. It is truly a decadent feeling when you can slip between pristine linens and snuggle under a down comforter.

The next morning we were leaving early for another round of college visits. Elizabeth got up and served us an early delicious breakfast of baked fruit, yogurt, homemade granola, lemon blueberry pancakes with sausage and an array of coffee, tea and juice options. we were sorely tempted to borrow a video and crawl back into bed.

Fortunately, we knew that we would be back again before our final day on the college hunt. Elizabeth was full of ideas for stops along the way. She double checked our itineraries to be sure we were taking the best route. She made us feel like family. After another night's sleep we headed out for our final day and home. Elizabeth took the time to offer us pit stops on our way home, LLBean, Stonewall Kitchens complete with directions.

It was probably one of my best stays in a B&B. If my daughter ends up at a college in Maine, she may well have been influenced by her stay at the Inn at Bath (or at least her mom's excitement at the thought of parents weekends spent at the Inn).

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

My partner and I stayed one night at the Inn at Bath, in the Captain's Room. We were definitely lured by the idea of the Jacuzzi. The inn is very quaint and New England-y, but we were a little put off on arrival at the owner staring at us like we had two heads, especially because we had found the hotel through a website that listed gay-friendly B&B's. The welcome was offputting and a little icy, but perhaps the owner was just having a bad day. We were shown the room, which the website doesn't tell you is located at basement level, so there are a few small ground-level windows and no natural light. The room was very comfortable and bedding was nice, but it wasn't what you would expect for $175/night. We awoke the next morning hoping for a fabulous breakfast, as the website described, but it was sparse. There was granola & yogurt, along with a fruit salad that looked day-old and a little withered, and someone was cooking eggs for anyone that wanted them. Overall the experience was disappointing and we never got to feel that wonderful "Aaaah" feeling of relaxation that you hope to experience at a B&B. Add to that unfriendly (again, nearly icy) service, and I can say it's a place we wouldn't want to return to.

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank GlobusWorldTrav
Reviewed August 15, 2005

We stayed here for my birthday/anniversary weekend in May of 05. It was nothing short of perfect. Elizabeth went out of her way to be approachable and accomodating, and her staff was just as caring. The bed was extremely comfortable, the fireplace and jacuzzi was perfectly romantic, the room (Captain's Cabin) was spotless. The breakfast was very good, especially the granola. The Inn is a source of pride for Elizabeth and for the town of Bath, a part of Maine near and dear to my heart. I can't wait to go back to visit the Inn at Bath!
Jeni and Dave Skukowski

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank Jeni S
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We spent two nights at the Inn at Bath and found it to be about the most comfortable and charming inn we stayed during our new England journey.
We stayed in the east room. Breakfast was very good - if you like it - we had blueberry buttermilk pancakes and breakfast burittos. We like the open door police of the house. Thanks to Elizabeth - she was very nice and helpful.

However, the city of Bath is interesting only for half a day. But one can do some excursions e.g. Popham beach.

2  Thank Manfred R
Rollinsford, NH
Reviewed July 5, 2005

The Inn at Bath is inviting from every angle. Lush plantings, a quaint street, and a porch that invites you to come inside. Once you enter there is something to see at every turn. Comfortable chairs, lovely antiques, whimsical patterns and soothing colors. I saw several of the rooms and stayed in the Garden Room. Each room has it's own personality with large comfortable beds covered in plush quilts. I could of stayed in bed all day yet the breakfast smelled too good. I had a green chile cheese puff which is like a crustless quiche that's light and delicious. I was also served biscuits, jams, fresh fruits and granola. It is a very relaxing place to stay, a 'home away from home' feel. The Innkeeper, Elizabeth, is easy to speak with and works hard to make sure your stay is perfect. Everyone else I met who is invlolved with the running of the Inn are friendly and helped to make my stay very enjoyable. I look forward to returning many times.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Helena, Montana
Reviewed July 5, 2005

We spent two nights at the Inn at Bath and found it to be about the most comfortable and charming inn we have ever stayed at. It is under new ownership and the hospitality is wonderful. The rooms are delightful, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful. The building is a rambling old house in a historic, quiet neighborhood, very interesting for walking. Breakfast was wonderful, both food and conversation. We could have lingered over our coffee for hours. I give the Inn my highest recommendation!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick
Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#10 of 11 in Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
Benjamin F. Packard House

Been to The Inn at Bath? Share your experiences!