“Bed and Breakfast Perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ann's Point Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ann's Point Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bass Harbor B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anderson, California
“Bed and Breakfast Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I spent 4-days of our 20th Anniversary East coast vacation at Ann's Point Inn. It's hard to know when you plan a vacation from 3,500 miles away, just what you might be getting into! Not only were we not disappointed, we were pleasantly surprised at the all the extras that made this one of our best B & B experiences ever.

Upon arrival, we were shown a basket of menus from local restaurants; guide books for hiking, driving, kayaking, bicycling - everything we might want to do while visiting the area; we were shown the indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna; the common area which had rows upon rows of dvd's to watch after a tiring day of activities, coffee and tea, a basket of crackers/nuts. On the one day it rained, they pulled out their sheet with suggestions for rainy day activities!

We were finally shown to our "Blue Heron" room which was clean, spacious and cozy. There were two sitting areas....one with two chairs looking out the corner windows at the extraordinary views beyond, the other with another window, t.v., chair, chaise - with blanket - (my favorite place in the whole room!), walk-in closet and door to a small outdoor patio.

We arrived in time for Alan's 5:30 p.m. cheese and wine extravaganza. It was a wonderful way to get to know the other guests - tasting cheeses with a variety of crackers, trying to guess what fruit was used to make a particular wine and sharing stories - lots of fun and laughter!

Upon arriving home from dinner each night, we found a plate with freshly baked cookies. On the last night we were surprised with an anniversary extra.....chocolate dipped strawberries!!

Our morning breakfasts in the Sun Room or on the deck were first class and included home-made granola, coffee/tea, variety of juices, a freshly baked pastry/banana nut bread followed by a wonderful hot breakfast dish.

Alan and Jeannette are first class host/hostess and have created a warm and inviting atmosphere down to the very smallest details. I highly recommend Ann's Point Inn - on the "Quiet Side" of Desert Island!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ann's Point Inn is every bit as beautiful as the photos of it suggest. It is modern, unfussy and unpretentious. Our room was beautiful, the bed luxuriously comfortable and the windows provided gorgeous views. The bathroom was spacious, modern and immaculate. Breakfasts were delicious and artfully presented and the indoor and outdoor dining spaces are beautiful and serene, with classical or jazz music always playing. Jeannette graciously accommodated my dairy allergy and every morsel was perfect. The daily wine and cheese hour was a special treat. Each day Alan introduced us to interesting and unusual wines and cheeses and kept us entertained with his wit. This is the best B & B at which my husband and I have ever stayed and as beautiful as any luxury hotel as well. My only hesitation in writing this is that I'm afraid this treasure of a place will be discovered and completely booked when we try to make our next reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We love all of what we experienced at Ann's Point Inn from beginning to end. It was smply amazing ! Our room ( the Eagles Nest ) was immaculate, the gourment breakfasts were outstanding, Alan's wine and cheese hour was a great opportunity to meet and talk with the other guests,.Alan and Jeannette gave suggestions of sights to see, places to eat and Jeannette made dinner reservations for us on the evening we arrived. What impressed me the most was their concern for my food allergies and diet restrictions - this was a first for me- They went to great lengths to make certain our stay was enjoyable- to say the least. We are looking forward to many more visits with them. If you do not stay at Ann's Point Inn you are making a mistake.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Eagle's Nest - great size, great views, Can not imagine that the other rooms wo...
E Northport NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Simply put, this is the best B & B at which my husband and I have ever stayed. Our room was spacious and beautiful; the facilities are immaculate; breakfasts were delicious (I already requested recipes); and the 5:30 wine and cheese tasting was the epitome of gracious hospitality (and always tasty ). Our hosts couldn't have been more delightful, interesting, or more helpful; they did everything possible to enhance our stay, and were incredibly attentive to every detail - from attending to dietary restrictions to supplying daytime snacks and mouth-watering bedtime cookies. The inn itself is secluded, in a beautiful setting right on the harbor. We've always loved Acadia and now will never stay anywhere else. Our time here made our visit even more special and always memorable. Thank you, Alan and Jeanette!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and have different advantages.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two nights in July at Ann's Point Inn and found it the perfect retreat in Maine. Alan and Jeannette were great hosts by offering wine pairings with cheese in the evening, warm cookies at turn in and wonderful gourmet breakfast in the morning. They offered advice on activites and provided equipment for star gazing or bird watching. Its well worth the price providing attentive service without being intrusive.

Room Tip: We did not have a back patio and would select a room with one on our next visit.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Trip Advisor is an invaluable resource and I’m indebted to everyone who takes the time to post a review. Thank you so much! However, until now, I’ve not been inclined to post a review. Only now, after an amazing four-night stay (17-20 July 2012) at Ann’s Point Inn in Bass Harbor on Mount Desert Island in Maine, am I motivated to share the experience. Adults looking for an exceptional and unforgettable time should go to Maine just to stay here and enhance the adventure of exploring MDI and Acadia National Park.

Their graciousness, attentiveness, generosity and skills, make owners, Alan and Jeanette Feuer, unsurpassed as innkeepers. While lodging may often be seen as secondary to the holiday destination, their commitment to an optimal experience for their guests makes staying at Ann’s Point Inn as memorable and outstanding as MDI itself. (They are probably AAA’s smallest 4-Diamond lodging with only four guest rooms, but the lovely and well-appointed inn makes it feel like a welcoming summer home.) My husband and I were deeply impressed with the level of comfort, styling, cleanliness, attention to detail, and endless amenities (with our toothpaste running low, we returned one day to discover a new tube had been left next to ours; out of Ibuprophen, Alan led me to three boxes of supplies from where he offered me my choice of OTC remedies – practically a pharmacy on-sight!). Jeanette’s breakfasts were extraordinary. Light and inspired, and oh-so-gourmet, with fresh herbs, salad greens, veggies and edible flowers from their own garden, we savored all three courses, not to forget homemade breads and rolls, plus fresh juices and all variations of tea and coffee. I couldn’t resist taking photos of breakfast, as the compositions were picture-perfect. Alan’s wine and cheese sessions at afternoon’s end were like the salons of by-gone times, full of interesting discussions among the wide assortment of guests. Each tasting had a theme and besides intriguing reds and whites, Alan also highlighted local finds such as apple & blueberry wine, lavender mead, and assorted ales, accompanied by all kinds of cheeses, special toasts and crackers, and other organic treats. (Ann’s Point Inn is wholly committed to “being green”.) They also provide a communal fridge and cupboards stocked with service ware and cutlery, not to forget the assorted free snacks available 24/7. Another highlight were the different—and totally irresistible—homemade cookies awaiting us each night upon return to our room.

Jeanette and Alan were extremely helpful (e.g., printing out directions back to PWM) and full of spot-on suggestions. We particularly enjoyed eating at Red Sky and Fiddler’s Green, and for the best (and most affordable) steamed lobster, Thurston’s is worth multiple visits. With limited time to explore MDI, Alan proposed an island boat cruise, and two hikes that hit all the high points: Sand Beach/Great Head and Flying Mountain/Valley Cove. Of course, the beds were heavenly; the peacefulness and sounds of nature, blissful; the ragged and jagged coastline left by ancient glaciers, magnificent; the shifting tide making 12’ (3.6m) of water disappear, magical and mesmerizing; and our first sighting of a bald eagle, so exciting. Be sure to download the app for constellations and stars because sky-gazing from Ann’s Point Inn is majestic. Finally, if the great outdoors isn’t enough, there’s always the indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, (plus Jacuzzi in our room, Mallard's Haven), telescope, binoculars, and shelves full of books, magazines and assorted reading materials.

We are so grateful to Alan and Jeanette for this exceptional experience and hope many more travelers may enjoy their warm hospitality at Ann’s Point Inn for many years to come. We hope to be among them again!

1 Thank LuckyDuck5
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I don't write reviews, but in this case I just had to. I'd like to echo the other five star reviews and disagree with the reviewer who claimed the Ann's Point Inn was far too expensive for what you get. That's absolute nonsense. When you arrive and are given the tour, you finish up by entering your room (ours was the Eagle's Nest...see the photo from a previous traveller). I know they advertise another room as their best due to the corner location, but I can't imagine it being better than ours was. The room was jaw-droppingly large with floor-to-ceiling windows of the inlet. Alan and Jeannette go to great lengths to get everything absolutely perfect, and they succeed admirably. As per Alan's tips, my wife and I ate at Thurston's every night (why not, when the lobsters are pulled right out of the ocean that you're looking at?), then returned for Alan's wine and cheese tasting (where he foiled our tastebuds with his "mystery wines" every night!), and then went to the Quietside Cafe for the best blueberry pie and blueberry ice cream EVER. When we got back to the room each night, a different set of warm, fresh-baked cookies awaited our arrival, courtesy of Jeannette.

If you want to know the true mark of a first-class B&B, it's this: no matter how long you stay, you are made to feel like family. When we left, I was actually a bit emotional knowing we wouldn't have cheese and wine with Alan every night, or be greeted by Jeannette each morning. Now that we're home, we miss those times with our gracious hosts, and in my estimation that makes the Ann's Point Inn a 5-diamond B&B rather than the four they have now. Bravo, A & J! Keep up the great work, and we'll be back after we hone our wine-tasting skills!

Room Tip: Eagle's Nest (see above).
2 Thank beelzeboob
Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Acadia Inn
Acadia Inn
#16 of 41 in Bar Harbor

Been to Ann's Point Inn? Share your experiences!