“The perfect spot for sunset dinner”
Review of Seafood Ketch

Seafood Ketch
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just perfect - the food is great and the scenery cannot be beat. I hope to come back the next time I am in Maine.

1  Thank ebusby

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate at this restaurant while visiting Bass Harbor for the day. The weather was great, so we ate outdoors on the deck. The view overlooking the harbor toward the mountain was beautiful. I ordered the crab cakes and clam chowder, which were both very good. My husband had the lobster roll, which he described as typical/nothing fancy, with the lobster bisque that he thought was very good. Overall, it was a good dining experience.

2  Thank Amy T
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This restaurant is set in a great location, but we sat outside and there was a funny smell. I'm not sure if the smell was caused by their propane, but smelled like sauerkraut. The person who greeted me at the door was super friendly. Our waitress was not knowledgeable about the food and when asked about a fish entree, could not even tell us what kind of fish it was or how it was cooked (broiled, grilled etc..). The food was good, but not stellar.

1  Thank myylwlab
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were greeted by very friendly staff. The restaurant was clean with quintessential New England decor. Fried calamari appetizer was great! I got the lobster Risotto-yum, My son got lobster-hard to go wrong with soft shelled lobster- great!, other sons got the surf and turf (steak and fried clams). Everyone was happy with their meal (not thrilled with the steak-it was ok-but not great). Cocktails were very good and the blueberry pie was the best we have ever had!

1  Thank Jodi O
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I were on our way to see Bass Harbor Light and were looking for a place to eat before seeing the lighthouse. We stopped at the Seafood Ketch, hoping for a good meal, and were not disappointed. We were greeted warmly by several of the staff and asked our preference for indoor or outdoor seating. We chose outdoor as it was a nice evening to sit outside and look over the harbor. We no sooner sat down than our waitress arrived and took our drink order. She promptly returned with a loaf of homemade bread that I can only describe as divine. It was a small round loaf of regular wheat bread about 5 inches high, fresh out of the oven. When we cut off some slices and started to eat them, they practically melted in the mouth. I had to restrain myself from eating the rest of the loaf myself. Soon the rest of our food arrived. My husband ordered the scallops and bacon appetizer and I had cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious and the cheeseburger had a homemade roll that was as good as the bread. We were stuffed by then so did not order dessert but we did take the rest of the bread loaf back to our lodgings and ate it for a snack. Highly recommend this restaurant for the quality of its food, service, ambiance and convenient location to Bass Harbor Light.

2  Thank kedavis4