“Enjoyable experience”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant, so they brought us a sampler plate of various items to try before we ordered. My husband had the sirloin steak and I couldn't pass up ordering something called roadkill. We both enjoyed our meals and the service was great. Every 45 minutes the serving staff break into a line dance and your table comes with a bucket of peanuts and throwing the shells on the floor is perfectly acceptable. Would I go here for my anniversary, probably not, but for a relaxed meal in a fun atmosphere where you leave saying I would eat here again, it is a great choice.

Visited August 2014

New Brunswick, Canada
“Very average food / service. First and last visit.”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We may give this place another chance the next time we are in Bangor but probably not. We heard that this place is really good and is always really busy so we decided to check it out. We arrived at 5 pm for a very early dinner as we were going to the UFC fight at 7 pm. The place was already packed with people waiting for tables. That seemed like a good sign. There were 4 people in our party and all of us ordered different items from the menu. We all thought the food was lackluster. I ordered a burger and fries so I will comment only on that. The burger was placed in front of me and it was all toppled over. The only way I could eat it was to take it all apart and rebuild it, what a mess. The waitress saw me doing this and said nothing. The fries were not hot. If you can't get a burger and fries right then I am very glad I didn't opt for one of the expensive steaks. Although this place is known for it's steaks I got the feeling after arriving there that I would be disappointed if I ordered one.

The prices seemed fair and the beer was good but that was not because of them obviously. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for very basic pub fare. If you want to have some appetizers like wings etc. and beer then it's fine. As far as a nice dinner... absolutely not.
I would go for beer and nachos or something like that. That's it. When we left at 6:30 pm the place was packed with probably 25 people waiting. I can't believe that this place is such a going concern. I guess it depends on what your food tastes are. I love pub fare as well as fine food but this was very average.

• Visited August 2014
Bangor, Maine
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I should start out by admitting that I am NOT generally a fan of franchise restaurants; they usually seem to excel at offering mediocre food at upscale prices. I am happy to say that this particular restaurant seems to be an exception.

We were warmly greeted and seated promptly on our arrival (just prior to their peak time). The host very graciously accomodated our request for a seat near the windows. Our server (Matt) was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.

There is a pail of peanuts to munch on while looking over the menu and we were immediately served some very delicious, fresh baked, honey-crusted rolls. We had very tasty steaks which were perfectly cooked to the doneness requested. The baked potato (BAKED - not wrapped in aluminum foil and steamed in the oven!) was done to perfection with the added fringe benefit of a toasty and salted skin. The salad was fresh and ample and the dressing tasted good enough for me to believe it's prepared right there. The beer was served cold in a well frosted mug - a detail I appreciate (though I could have done without the slice of lemon).

The ambiance of this place is . . . busy! This is NOT the place for a quiet, intimate dinner. It's a busy and very noisy place. They don't take reservations as such, but you can call ahead to reserve your place in line if there is a waiting list.

I will be back. Soon.

• Visited August 2014
Nova Scotia, Canada
“You will NEVER leave hungry”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Love this place- so many choices, the portions are huge- and even when they are busy they are efficient and seat you very very quickly! And the prices are GREAT!

Visited July 2014
“It is what it is”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Looking for elegant dining with soft string quartet ambiance? This is not your place! This is a rustic, mostly booths with non-stop C&W music, where some of the waitstaff stops serving to line dance. They feature a large beef heavy menu. If you can eat before 6 there is a $8.95 menu including 11 very satisfying meals. The service is efficient with very pleasant servers. We eat here before the movies right across the street. I'll see you there!