“Good Food, Good Price”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Texas always has a good food at a good value. I was very happy to see one in Bangor as we like them in the Atlanta area. I was not disappointed as the food here is every bit as good and the service is just as good. We ate here several times over the past year as I have made three trips to Bangor. Every time the service, food and atmosphere were great – even on Valentine ’s Day (they were really trying to do a great job, not just stuffing people into the restaurant).

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Based on tripadvisor's raving reviews, we went to this restaurant for dinner in March 2013, and we hated it, and we are highly unlikely going back there in the future.

Even before our visit, I was sceptical about the unusually high rating of this place as it is just a chain restaurant, and I am now completely baffled by the hype. IT IS JUST ANOTHER CHAIN RESTAURANT. NOTHING SPECIAL. A BIG PERIOD.

I guess if you are a fan of those family-friendly chain restaurants with bland food, the place is for you. It is not overly expensive. If fact, for the amount (not the quality) of food you get, we found it quite cheap. As usual (in many restaurants down in the states), the portion is more than generous (for me, a synonym for way too much).

However, if you are someone who would find it uncomfortable eating dinner at a restaurant with dirty floor with empty nut shells everywhere, and screaming kids (on top of employees constantly doing some sort of dancing/singing to entertain kids), you'd be safer to go find some other place.

We would close our eyes and plug our ears if necessary so long as our food is really good, but, this place is a NO... My pulled pork was a bit dry but OK, but I hated the side mashed potato. It tasted like instant potato flakes and margarine with artificial butter flavour, same as the smelly movie theatre popcorn.

My partner had a hamburger with a patty with WAY TOO MUCH SALT that he could not finish, and he is usually a salt addict! Not that we needed to eat more than what was on our plate, but the dinner rolls our waitress brought was way too sweet for accompanying dinner. The dough simply contained too much sugar to our liking.

One good thing --- beer was cold and our waitress was nice enough (although being so busy, it was kinda difficult to find her).

Next time in Bangor, we would make an all-out effort to avoid chain restaurants no matter how good reviews are, especially kids-friendly ones.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We eat here for our dinner (early evening) and the food is a bit pricey but alway great. Highly recommend it, an look forward to it every time we are in Bangor

Reviewed March 9, 2013

When in Bangor, we make it a point to take in the Texas Roadhouse. It is not cheap, but the food is great.

1  Thank Canada_Joe_Wicklow
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Glad they don't have beer and nuts to slip on anymore on the floor. Stopped going for a while but, the steaks are perfect........so we went back :) Just a bit over the top with the honky tonk..

1  Thank black-wing-gull