“Best Choice Hotel EVER!!!! AWESOME!!”
Review of Comfort Inn Bangor

Comfort Inn Bangor
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our car broke down enroute home to Presque Isle and the closest repair area was Bangor. The wonderful folks at the Choice Hotel sent a van to the repair shop to pick us up, let us check in at 11:00 am on Friday morning and provided a refrigerator at no charge. They took us back to the repair shop to pick up our car and, when the car repair failed, they came to pick us up again. I asked about staying for two nights if needed & Courtney told me they were fully booked for the 2nd night. A half hour later, however, she called and said there had been a cancellation and asked if we would like her to hold the room for us. We of course said yes and, as it turned out, we had to stay the 2nd night while the car was repaired.

Each day, the hotel provided us with soup, crackers, bread, peanut butter, honey & jelly at 5:00 pm, warm cookies in several varieties at 7:00 pm. and breakfast with waffles, pastries, eggs, biscuits, juice, yogurt, and much more from 6:00 am to 10:00 am. The daily paper was also delivered to our room. The lobby is beautiful with a lovely fireplace and flat screen tv. The rooms are great being very comfortable and clean with flat screen TV's and artfully arranged washrags and towels.

The location is convenient to everywhere and an absolutely wonderful value for the dollar with so much service and amenities. There is a fitness center as well. We will always go to this hotel when we need to stop in Bangor and hope that you do to!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
I remember your visit to the Comfort Inn and how frustrated you were with your vehicle. Of course no one plans for vehicle failure and the headache that follows, but I’m glad that we could make it a little better while you waited for the repairs. I hope your next visit with us will be under better circumstances.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We where headed back home but weather conditions were deteriorating quickly so we decided to spend the night in Bangor. We called ahead about an hour outside Bangor and were immediately confirmed for a room. On arrival, the front desk staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. They recommended several restaurants from where we could order in food as we did not feel like heading back out in the snow storm. The room was clean and well appointed. We have stayed at the hotel on previous stops in Bangor and will certainly stay here again in the future.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

There is nothing worse than getting caught in a storm, especially when it hinders your travel plans! I’m sure you were anxious to get home but am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while seeking refuge from the snow. Hopefully you can make it back to Bangor under more pleasant circumstances and enjoy your stay even more!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at this location in the summer for a shopping vacation. It looked close to the mall on the map so we though we would give it a try. It was so close to everything with a dining area right beside it. 2 minutes from all of our favourite stores. The staff were so relaxed and happy. Breakfast was superb. I love the waffle machine. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review! You really cant beat the location of our property if shopping is what your in town for. Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stopped in Bangor en route to Montreal from Halifax. Upon arriving, the weather was terrible (tons of snow with blizzard conditions) and we just wanted to get to our room. The rooms were ready for our group and check in was a breeze. The rooms themselves were very, very clean, comfortable and look to have been recently renovated. The bathrooms were also fantastic. Included breakfast the next morning had good variety and was quite good. Lots of parking available. Great location amongst shopping and restaurants.

It's the little things that leave me with a great feeling. As I stated earlier, the weather was horrible and later into the night, we saw some folks hanging out in the lobby and the common area. We came to find out that those folks were not guests, but locals that were there to keep warm. I think it's fantastic that the hotel allowed these people in. They also served soup, coffee and sweets in the evening which was a very nice touch.

I have nothing bad to say. Thanks for the great service!

Room Tip: Our group had two rooms (side by side) and both were fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and excellent review! Our staff always works very hard to ensure that every guest room is clean and comfortable and I will be sure to pass on your praise! That was the worst storm we have had this year, and we wanted to make it as stress free as possible for everyone. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially considering the conditions outside, and I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean. The rooms were larger than expected and very comfortable. The staff was accommodating and friendly. There was a great breakfast buffet in the morning. It was a perfect location for my needs. I will definately stay again if I am in area and I will recommend it to anyone I know traveling in this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your Praise! Everyone here at the Comfort Inn works very hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay and when we get comments like this it makes all the hard work worth while.
We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bangor is always a tough place to get a good room at a reasonable rate. This property met my needs. It was the first visit for me. The first night when entering the lobby the three front desk people pointed out Minestrone soup in the kitchen and all the fixings for peanut butter and sandwiches to go with it. The next night they had clam chowder. Both mornings the breakfasts were hot and everything was kept full. There was seating at 14 tables for over 45 people. I thought I read that the breakfast area was confined, but with over 30 people eating, getting food and moving the only area that was a little tight was the coffee area just inside the room of the left. You could take your food back to your room. They had cardboard trays and in addition to a desk in the room, there was also a table with two dining chairs. The internet connection still says HiltonHhonors and works good. You are adjacent to the Maine Mall with a wide variety of restaurants. We walked to the 99 Restaurant on the other side of the parking lot to use a gift certificate we had. Route 95 near the hotel if you want to be away from the highway, ask for the west side of the building. My spouse is sensitive to smells, perfumes, etc. This was one of the most odor free rooms and locations we have been to. The staff is a little casual, they did not acknowledge my Platinum status and were a little casual with calling guests "buddy" and other familiar terms with people they did not know. But they were enthusiastic and sometimes that goes a little further then formality. During our stay the hotel parking lot was about 65% people from New Brunswick, Canada, 25-30% Maine vehicles and a couple cars from NH and Quebec province. I like the other chains in the area, but if they keep the price point where it has been I will be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of everyone here at the Comfort Inn I want to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay! We recently renovated our lobby and breakfast area and I’m glad to hear that it eased the flow of the, what can often times be, a very busy breakfast service.
I’m very sorry to hear that your Platinum status was not acknowledged, that is not typical of our front desk staff. We try very hard to treat every guest with a warm welcome and hope that the use of familiarities was not offensive or unprofessional in anyway.
I hope to see you back soon and again, thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great experience-rooms were large,clean and super comfy bed!Unexpected,as we had not realized the Comfort Inn had been the old Hampton Inn-easy access to all shopping and travel.
We chose to stay there a number of nights and make it our"homeBase"-worked out well ,as everywhere we wanted to go was within a couple hours driving-

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela N
Michael P, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Inn Bangor, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Bangor Comfort Inn as your "home base" while doing your holiday shopping! We have recently completed extensive renovations to our lobby/breakfast area which will hopefully make your next visit an even better one. On behalf of everyone here at the Comfort Inn Bangor, thank you for staying with us!