“Just ok....”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
NEW HAMPSHIRE
“Just ok....”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a recent business trip, used to stay here when this was a Hampton Inn property. Overall not bad, just a shade below average as rooms are tired. Furniture, rugs, curtains, etc need to be updated. For Bangor Maine I thought the price was high in comparison to other places I have stayed. They did have a nice dinner reception and breakfast. The main reason I stayed here is the 99 is right behind the hotel. I would not say don't stay here, just saying there are probably better alternatives for someone who is staying on vacation, longer than one night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NEFANMAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sussex, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here Nov.12-14.We were on a bus tour (Nancy's) and she certainly found a super spot.The staff were super friendly and our room was really nice.Bed pillows and the the bath were all really nice.Breakfast was excellent.Lots of choices.Very convient location for all us shoppers.We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Spent two nights here for a shopping trip (Nov 3rd and 4th) and it was excellent. Stayed in a King room on the third floor (room 331) and it had a fridge and microwave. The bed was comfy, bathroom lovely and room excellent. You do hear hall noise, but it was not overwhelming!

The staff was extremely friendly! The location of the hotel is close to everything and easy to get to!

The breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I have had in the states, lots of choice hot and cold items and 24 hour coffee!!!!

I enjoyed my stay and this will be my new Bangor home for all my future shopping trips!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mapleton, Maine
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here with my family about a week ago. Staff were very nice and check-in/check-out was a breeze. Everything was pretty nice and spacious, which was great since we were travelling with a 2 year old. The only downside to this was how thin the walls were...Which was awful, since we (and a few of our neighbors, from the sounds of it) were travelling with a 2 year old.

The room wasn't very disappointing, although the shower head in our bathroom was jammed in a particularly painful setting. Breakfast wasn't exactly what I expected, which was the main reason why I chose the comfort inn over the Hilton Garden/Courtyard. Stale biscuits and pastries, along with dry ham slices made up the breakfast roster and that just wasn't really appealing to me. The entire hotel was clean and looked pretty well-maintained. I don't know if I'd stay here again as there are some better options in the area for around the same price, but depending on what kind of trip you're in Bangor for, the Comfort Inn might be the perfect one for you.

Room Tip: There's a couple older rooms here, I had to request a fridge and microwave in order to get one...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Moneta, VA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For a place that used to be a Hampton, it was a real disappointment. The room looked quite old and in need of a make-over. It would be better to spend money on that, rather than offering soup and sandwiches in baggies at the 5:00 hour, especially since there was a perfectly good restaurant literally next door. And it was more expensive than many better hotels we stayed in during our travels. Wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TIMBERLEA
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel was amazing. The room and bathroom were very clean, and modern. The staff were all very pleasant, and the food was great.

Upon arrival the ladies at the front desk advised us that complimentary soup and sandwiches would be served at 5pm, and at 7pm freshly baked cookies and milk are served. The soup appeared to be canned campbell's chicken noodle soup, but still - a nice snack. I didn't get a chance to try the sandwiches so I can't comment. Starting at 6:30, you could smell the chocolate chip cookies... and they were delicious!!! Perfect evening snack!

Also tried enjoyed the complimentary breakfast - eggs, sausage, cereal, toast/bagels/english muffins, muffins, donuts, biscuits, cereal, waffles, yogurt, and fruit salad. I didn't try everything, but everything looked delicious and fresh!

The location is perfect for shopping - located next door to the Bangor Mall.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here next time I am in Bangor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy2judes
Oronoco, Minnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

A nice, clean room near a really good Applebee's Restaurant. The room we had was very quiet and comfortable. The hotel shuttle is a local taxi and the hotel picks up the tab. We didn't get breakfast because our flight left Bangor @ 0600!

• Stayed September 2012