“Seriously Lacking”
Review of Ramada Bangor

Ramada Bangor
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to stay here cause it looked nice from the outside. That is where the looks stopped. Hotel is seriously outdated. The staff messed up our room twice before putting us in the room we settled for. Pool was cold and there were no towels to be found. They provided a courtyard to cross to get to the pool from the other side of the hotel but the door locked behind you so you then had to walk all the way through the hotel to get back to the other side. We will not be staying here again and would not recommend it to anyone. I would rather stay at Motel 6 for half the price!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Bangor

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Loved staying here!! great prices, wonderful professional staff. Will come back to Bangor and stay no where but the Ramada. I traveled with my husband two children and the little ones. Staff was friendly and helpful, I am a elderly lady who has never been to the Bangor area a young lady Elizabeth treated me with respect and dignity regardless of my elder age I had a list of questions for her and she answered them one at a time and gave me all of her attention upon checking in and such a welcoming smile that made me feel at home, she gave me a very helpful map that showed me where I was and was interested in going to the Bangor mall . Room was clean and neat. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough with my room. Pool opened early and closed late and was very comfortable my grandchildren loved staying here they called it the magical pool (its in the shape of a 8). I needed some towels and Chris brought them into me without hesitation. We ate at Avatiors Restaurant that is in the hotel. My husband and I had the mushroom and swiss burger with fries and my picky eaters my grandchildren had chicken tenders and fries and ate every bite even the pickle! A+++ Hotel is recommend to anyone wondering about it surpassed all expectations. Thank you Again Ramada Bangor

Room Tip: no elevator so maybe we will ask for ground floor next time
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had driven with 3 small children for 8 hours. We were promptly checked in, room was great, and service was fantastic. Totally enjoyable after a long day on the road. East to get to off the Highway.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanda M
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Needed overnight accommodations on the way back from Canada to Massachusetts. We arrived late and hungry. We were pleased with the room prices and the cleanliness..everything was immaculate. The staff was extremely pleasant. Bartender, Kasey, in their Aviator Lounge was great and so was the food! Room price included a full hot breakfast buffet the next morning. Again, very pleasant folks and a very nice and varied selection. We will definitely stay there again as we visit friends in Canada regularly. Kudos to Trea, Lydia, Kasey, and Samantha!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelBugBoston
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Wow has this hotel come a long way. Amazing rooms. Clean and everything works. The pool is awesome. Wish they had an outside also for the summer. Worth every penny. Loyal fan when I'm in maine. I use at least a can of lysol whoever I stay. Not here. Sheets fresh and clean

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Manuel D
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The purpose of my trip to Bangor was to go to a convention and the Ramada Inn was a perfect place to stay. It was easy to find, rooms were clean and bright and meals at the restaurant were delicious and not crowded. The free shuttle to other parts of Bangor was an added plus.

Room Tip: They followed through with my request for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stopped in Bangor, ME on our way to Hampton Beach, NH. The room was very clean and tidy it met all of our needs. The pool was refreshing after a day of travelling and it was clean and well maintained. We loved how close it is to the highway and the easy access to shopping. We've stayed here before and will continue to stay here because the price is right and it's clean and comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was an added bonus and the restaurant staff were friendly and courteous. Great start to our vacation!

• Stayed: June 2014