“Worst night sleep”

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip because it was close to the airport in Bangor. Upon checking in I was given a room on the second floor which usually is fine, but I soon discovered they did not have an elevator! I had hip surgery a few months previously but managed to slowly manipulate my luggage up the winding stairway. If someone has heavy bags or more than a few it would be a big problem. There was only one person at the desk and perhaps they could have called for help, but proper notice given on making the reservation would be advisable. I did not ask for a first floor room, but anyone with substantial luggage would be wise to do that.

I had two nights reserved and left for my meeting at 11:00 the next morning. I noticed the cleaning cart in the hallway when I left for the day. When I returned about 7:00PM that evening I was disappointed to find my room had not been serviced. The front desk reception gave me towels, coffee, and clean coffee cups but I faced full wastbaskets, an unmade bed and used towels. The receptionist said the housekeeping person left a note saying the dead bolt was set, but that was impossible as I was gone for the day.

The room did have a reclining chair so I decided to do my business reports while seated there. I moved the bed side table about 2 feet so it was near the chair for my paperwork, notes etc. To my disappointment I found dust thick enough to write a message on and other objects that had rolled under the table for obviously a long time! The rest of the room and bathroom seemed clean enough but that thick dust troubled me.

Another disappointment was that there was no breakfast included, I should have checked when scheduling, but have come accustomed to this level of lodging including some sort of morning breakfast.

I needed to print out my airplane boarding pass for the next day and was directed to a computer sitting alone on the second floor landing, there was no printer though so I had to go the the front desk for them to print my document.

The hotel is proud of their new swimming pool and indeed it is large and beautiful, local residents can use it for a fee. I was the only one using it the first morning and did enjoy the experience.

All in all with a choice in lodging I will not choose this establishment again, there are too many drawbacks there that probably won't be found in other hotels. I take responsibility for not asking about breakfast, that would have been nice, but the other problems strongly tip the scale not to return.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if you have much luggage.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business