“ok experience”

There are newer reviews for Ramada Bangor

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A few weeks ago I booked a weekend in Bangor through Hotels.ca. I was under the impression I booked a non smoking room but upon arrival I found out I was in a smoking, in fairness to the hotel, this may be hotels.ca fauld and not them.
The staff on check in looked like they would rather be somewhere else, very unhelpful and quite rude. I asked for a non smoking room and they told me they were full. We went towards our room and once we arrived at the second floor the stink hit us, hard! We proceeded to our room and it was ok in size but very dated and there was a cigarette burn on the bed, the couch was filthy etc. Shower worked well though. Will say that front desk sent up a nice and respectful maintenance guy who sprayed something on the drapes and carpet, it did not help the smoke oder.
At about 1030 we went to bed window open to try to air out the room, bad move. The hotel has a bar called Barnabys, the taxi driver as well as a pile of others told us this was a BAD place and not to go. yes this is Bangor Maine and not Detroit or East LA. On a frequent basis I heard yelling drunks as they poured out onto the Bar parking lot adjacent the hotel. At 2-3am it went crazy,squrmishes women SCREAMING at their mates, good hour of pure hell if you want to sleep. We waited for the COPS TV crew to show up but to no avail.
The next day I was told they were booked and couldn't get me in to a new room, I checked in to the Fairfield Marriott across the street at 8 am even though I prepaid for the room. Again in fairness I was offered a non smoking room by phone later (by a helpful front desk person) that day but I had already booked into the Marriott and the smell was only part of the issue.
We are not the type of people who need 5 star, but the 3 star rating for this place is WAY exaggerated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Old, dated, but excellent customer service. Helped out a group of servicemen and women after a late night arrival and limited rooms.

Wifi is excellent in lobby, but spotty in rooms. Hotel club is clearly the local hot spot, quite unexpected.

Only hotel that was willing to work with our large group on short notice. Very helpful at check-in.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My family and I were traveling through and had to stop because we became tired of driving. We were treated very well from the first point of check in to the last point of check out. We were asked if we would be needing a cot and at first thought we had said no. Then we changed our minds and we were delivered the cot right away and with alot of hospitality and friendliness. I was very happy with the stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I were traveling and stop here. We enjoyed the restaurant. We will definitely stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple