“Cannot be trusted”

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
pouch cove, nl
“Cannot be trusted”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

On July 24 this hotel refused to honour a coupon from HotelCoupons.com. Rooms were available, but the person at the reception desk said the hotel did not honour the coupons during "the season." The coupon says it is valid until August 15th. We were offered a room at a much higher rate, but we were not offered an apology for the hotel's false advertising. Instead we had a very comfortable stay at a nearby Econlodge that did honour its coupon from HotelCouopons.com. If this Ramada hotel doesn't honour its advertising committments can it be trusted to deliver on anything else it promises?

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rogerbill
Free_Martin_CHA, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear rogerbill,

The Bangor Ramada allocates up to 10 coupons per day for our walk-in customers. For your future travels, the Ramada brand website offers very attractive rates as well. Thank you for considering to stay with us.

Free Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 22, 2012

On Friday July 20th 2012 I stopped at this hotel to see if they have rooms for 2 people. They said they did and offered mr a choice of rooms. when I pulled the hotel savers coupon.out now there were no rooms available at all. They said they did not have to honor the coupon. I left and went to the holiday inn across the street I was warmly received , their coupon was honored which was a lower rate than the Ramada. They also gave us water and discounts at their restaurant.

I would not have rated this hotel as this was the 2nd time that they have not honored their hotel discount coupons.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

ESSEX JUNCTION
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very friendly, good breakfast, unlike Lewiston. Do yourselves a favor and go to Bangor. Ignore the reviews that say it's noisy; I said I needed a quiet place and they gave me a very quiet room. The wifi was easy to access although a little touchy in the dining room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank Kim C
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place is so unbelievably outdated that I'm surprised the Ramada still attaches their name to this hotel. I got a really good price on this hotel, but otherwise, there weren't many redeeming qualities. Because there's a restaurant in the hotel, there's not even a free breakfast. No fridges in the room.

There is no elevator at this hotel. Obviously this makes it quite difficult for any elderly folks, but even for younger people, lugging your bags up hot, musty, and depressing stairwells is not a pleasant experience.

The ice machines are not located in a small room off the main hallway, but instead right in the center of the main hallway, so if you room is anywhere near it, you hear the ice machine going at all hours of the night.

The water pressure was dismal, and the tub didn't drain. The mattresses were NOT comfortable (even though they were supposedly new), so my wife and I slept in separate double beds in order to try and sleep better.

The wallpaper had stains on it. The furniture and lamps were so unbelievably out of style, that the lamp even had a yellow cord.

Overall, it was outdated. And I would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ended up staying here unexpectedly. The rooms are very large but are also very sparse. Everything was clean. Ate dinner in the lounge: typical hotel bar, no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Bergenfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I (6 of us!) just took a vacation to Maine. We stayed for 3 days in the Ramada Inn Bangor. From the moment we came to check in, the staff couldn't be more helpful and courteous. Our room was already prepared with a fridge, a pull out bed and a pack-n-play. When we entered the room we noticed that there was a hint of cigarette odor (from the room on top of us which was a smoking room). We called the front desk and asked to be moved, Without any hesitancy they agreed and assigned a new room to us. At least twice during the stay we had to aks for additional towels and they provided us with the towels quickly and without hesitation. The room was large enough that we did not feel cramped, even though we had another bed and a pack-n-play. In addition, our kids loved swimming in the pool (and as an added bonus-there is a Go Cart/mini golf place next door).

By no means is this hotel a luxurious hotel, it is priced a bit on the high side and it is showing some age, but I would highly recommend this hotel for a family traveling to Bangor. If I happen upon Bangor in the future I would definietly consider staying again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. Thought it looked okay when we entered the lobby and asked to see a room. However on closer inspection it left a lot to be desired. The halls smelled of stale cigarette smoke which was made worse by the fact that the halls aren't air conditioned. The room seemed clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable but the shower mat was dirty so I skipped showering entirely. The free wifi was an attraction but it didn't work properly. I kept getting wifi connection messages from the Econolodge next door when mine cut out. It was a relief to check out in the morning. Later we checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Waltham Boston where I was finally able to shower in a spotless tub.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Kiddyhawk1,

Thank you for your review. It is reviews such as yours that motivate us to keep working hard to identify ways we can better satisfy our guests. We have investiagted your comments and we can assure you they have been addressed.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope the next time you are in Bangor you will consider giving us another chance. We would love to show you our newest improvements. You can call me directly at (207) 947-6961 and I will personally see that you are very happy with your stay.

Free Martin CHA