“Not a great hotel, but not bad. Would stay again.”
Review of Ramada Bangor

Ramada Bangor
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not a great hotel, but not bad. Would stay again.”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ended up staying here unexpectedly. The rooms are very large but are also very sparse. Everything was clean. Ate dinner in the lounge: typical hotel bar, no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Bergenfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I (6 of us!) just took a vacation to Maine. We stayed for 3 days in the Ramada Inn Bangor. From the moment we came to check in, the staff couldn't be more helpful and courteous. Our room was already prepared with a fridge, a pull out bed and a pack-n-play. When we entered the room we noticed that there was a hint of cigarette odor (from the room on top of us which was a smoking room). We called the front desk and asked to be moved, Without any hesitancy they agreed and assigned a new room to us. At least twice during the stay we had to aks for additional towels and they provided us with the towels quickly and without hesitation. The room was large enough that we did not feel cramped, even though we had another bed and a pack-n-play. In addition, our kids loved swimming in the pool (and as an added bonus-there is a Go Cart/mini golf place next door).

By no means is this hotel a luxurious hotel, it is priced a bit on the high side and it is showing some age, but I would highly recommend this hotel for a family traveling to Bangor. If I happen upon Bangor in the future I would definietly consider staying again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel. Thought it looked okay when we entered the lobby and asked to see a room. However on closer inspection it left a lot to be desired. The halls smelled of stale cigarette smoke which was made worse by the fact that the halls aren't air conditioned. The room seemed clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable but the shower mat was dirty so I skipped showering entirely. The free wifi was an attraction but it didn't work properly. I kept getting wifi connection messages from the Econolodge next door when mine cut out. It was a relief to check out in the morning. Later we checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Waltham Boston where I was finally able to shower in a spotless tub.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Kiddyhawk1,

Thank you for your review. It is reviews such as yours that motivate us to keep working hard to identify ways we can better satisfy our guests. We have investiagted your comments and we can assure you they have been addressed.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope the next time you are in Bangor you will consider giving us another chance. We would love to show you our newest improvements. You can call me directly at (207) 947-6961 and I will personally see that you are very happy with your stay.

Free Martin CHA

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

On June 15th and 16th I stayed at the Ramada Inn that you manage on Odlin Road. I must say that from the moment I arrived on Friday until I left late Sunday morning, my experience with your hotel was superb. I find it hard to believe that it is not given a higher star-rating. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. The folder in the room had all the information that you would want to know. The room rate was more than reasonable and the service from front desk to room service to cleaning staff was excellent. That was my get-away weekend just for me and I want to thank you for adding so much to the enjoyment

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Linda C,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We value our customers and always want them to be satisfied with their stay. If our guests are not happy, we are not happy!

Regarding our star ranking, we are working on that with Tripadvisor and I completely agree with you.We have made many changes to the hotel since some of the reviews were submitted. We have added new staff, a brand new pool, a brand new high speed guest wireless network that is very fast to name a few. We have more exciting changes in the pipeline. We hope the incoming future reviews such as yours will reflect a more current picture of who we really are.

The bottom line Linda C is that we know you have many choices when coming to Bangor. There are some high end expensive hotels and some very budget motels in the area. Our property falls in the mid to upper scale class which is great for customers that want a nice hotel room, restaurant and lounge but do not want to have to spend a fortune to get a room. We want our hotel to be known for the excellent customer service we provide to our guests as well as our overall quality.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Bangor.

Free Martin CHA
(207) 947-6961
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

my perents and my brothers and me decide to go to this hotel it is so cool staff is great and big heated pool

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear _ve_0858490,

Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to the employees when people say nice things about our hotel, the Ramada. It looks to me by reading your review that you and your parents made a good decision by selecting us. It makes us happy when our customers are happy. We work really hard to give all of our customers a great stay with us. I hope you come stay with us again and encourage your Canadian friends to do the same. We view our customers as part of our extended family. We will have the pool all ready for you and the fastest high speed wireless internet in town all ready for mom and dad.

Thanks again,

Free Martin
Manager
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to take a road trip, at 9pm we decided that maybe we should call for around for a hotel room. The women who answered the phone couldn't have been nicer, not only did they have a room, but the rate was awesome. When we arrived at 11pm the check in staff was very nice, and happy! We were concerned about noise because of the club attached to the hotel. We did not hear a sound! The room was nice and clean, bed was comfortable. The only reason I did not rate this as excellent is the ceiling had water stains other than that I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear annabell18,

Thank you for the honest review. I can see by your other reviews that you are a seasoned traveler. It means a lot to us that you took time out of your schedule to write a response regarding your stay. The friendly staff you encountered are fairly new so as a manager, your positive feedback is great to hear. We have hired some new staff recently and they appear to take pride in being excellent at customer service.

Regarding the beds, we recently made the investment of all BRAND NEW beds! They were part of our extensive recent renovation. The customers love them. I have had to actually give out the name of the manufacturer to several guests so they could buy one for themselves.

Regarding the on premis nightclub, once again, thank you for your kind words and honesty. We do have a popular spot to dance and have fun that our in house guests and local customers enjoy. Although the nightclub is attached to the hotel, the rooms are in another section as far away from the nightclub as possible. Many cusotmers stay here so they can come to the nightclub and have fun and not have to drive. Plus, hotel guests do not have to pay a cover charge to get in so many guests really like that. We have improved our in house security a great deal over the past few years and that has been great also.

Regarding the ceiling. We had some incredible rain this spring and we had damage to 2 of our 118 rooms. It appears that you may have been placed in one of those. We have made repairs to those rooms.

Once again, thanks for the review. I hope you decide to stay with us again if you are in Bangor.

Free Martin
Toronto
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night in June. The hotel is fine - rooms are clean, large and well kept. It is near restaurants. Access to the hotel off the freeway is quick and easy. The hotel does not offer a breakfast though. This hotel is fine for one night while travelling through the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family