“Awful, rip off”

Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
nb
“Awful, rip off”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

We stayed here for 2 night. The room was awful not clear at all. The security doors open all night people running through teh hall.
First night was noisy left early in teh mornign to go to friends house in Portland. When we arrived back at the hotel all out luggage had been moved and messed up. Morning that we were leaving we discoved that our sons clothing was missing. We were missing 2 pairs of jeans, 2 t-shirts, long sleeve shirt. We went to the desk they thought it might have gotten cought in the sheets that were washed, (the beds has not been changed) Talked to the manager who is foreign and very hard to under stand and he basicly called us liers and woudl not help out would not refund any $$, I told him I was going to call head office and report it he then told me he was going to call state pollice (not sure what for) and told me to leave teh hotel. When I got home I did call head office and was told it is a privatly owned hotel and they could not do anythign about it.

Pretty bad you can't even stay at a hotel with our you small childs clothing being stolen they had to go home in dirty pants and shirts.
Woudl not stay again, watch all your stuff.

• Liked — Nothing It Was Awful
  • Disliked — The Steeling Of My Kids Clothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I recently stayed here a night during Memorial Day weekend. The following was noteworthy:

-The room was decent in terms of size and did have a fridge.
-The room was very dirty and my fiancee (we slept in separate beds, not married yet!) found it dirty enough that returning would be unlikely until it improved. The carpet, as other reviewers have mentioned, looked like it is not vacuumed often.
-However, the property does have a pool
-Having a restaurant as part of the facility was convenient, noting there is a Dunkin Donuts nearby.
-The room was reasonably quiet.
-The price was very reasonable (we paid around $60).

• Liked — Restaurant and pool on property, price
  • Disliked — Filthy room (a major negative)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I was hesitant to book here for various reasons, but I did anyway. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular as I only paid $65 for the night. Overall, the hotel is not that bad for one night. I did not find the front desk staff to be rude, I got the non-smoking room I requested, and the motel was quiet and comfortable. The only thing I do need to mention was that it looked like the room hadn't been vaccumed thoroughly, found some wrappers and old grape stems behind the garbage. That was the only problem I experienced, I stayed at the Ramada a few days before staying here and I found the HoJo provided the same thing for a lot less.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
Conn.
Reviewed December 28, 2007

This was a bad experience all around. The reservation was lost. The room had not been cleaned when we arrived at 6pm. The next room was the same way. The last room had dirty ashtrays and the towels had been used. We ate there. The food was bad, slow, cold and I had to ask for my order 3 times while the others ate.

No apologies, no discounts or compensation. All we got was attitude.

We left and had a great stay at the Econo Lodge across the street.

Stayed November 2007
Maine
Reviewed March 27, 2007

stayed there on business on Friday night of the regional high school basketball tournament. Arrived at 7:30 pm to find my reservation was made for the wrong night and had to take a smoking room, which reeked of cigarette smoke. I could not access the hotel's wireless network and both the front desk person and national 800 number were utterly useless. The hotel was extremely noisy, and I had to call the desk three times after 1 am to send security down. At check out the next morning the assistant manger, who was also the person who messed up the reservation, was completely rude and offered no appology or comepensation for my troubles. I called the manager the following Monday and voiced my complaints. She said she would get with her staff and call me back. I'm still waiting for her call....

Overall the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and wouldn't return if the paid me. Pay the few more bucks to get a decent night's sleep and a hotel that actually cares about their guests.

• Liked — When I left.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank gopats84
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I stayed as a businessman for 45 days. I had my challenges. Housekeeping was not good. They regularly forgot items when they cleaned my room like a box of tissues and shampoo. The head housekeeper was on medical leave on their defense. The front office customer service was okay. The restaurant food tasted like truckstop restaurant food. My bed broke and my telephone broke on my stay.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — housekeeping
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Denise C