“A Pleasant Surprise”

Howard Johnson Inn Bangor
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We needed an inexpensive room for one night and chose this hotel at random. What a deal! Katie at the front desk was great, very personable and got us checked in quickly. Our room was on the second floor, and faced the road. The room itself was large, newly remodeled, quiet, and spotless. Everything was new- carpet, furniture, bedding, and bathroom. We were impressed, especially since this was the least expensive hotel of the 4 or 5 on this road. Location is great too, close to the highway and only a few minutes to any area of town. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank slk1447
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Bangor

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went here without a reservation. It was about to rain, I was cold and had been riding all day. The staff was pleasant and did their best to accommodate our special needs as motorcyclists. The room was fantastic... large, appeared to be new, very clean, quiet, and just first rate. It appeared to have been recently renovated. We did not use the pool or other amenities, but they looked just fine. If you need a place near the Bangor airport, chose this place. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'd recently gotten a job in the area and was trying to find a permanent place to stay. Looking for a decent price for value led me to the Super 8, which had been giving me a deal then decided to reneg without warning and jack up the price. Thank goodness in a way because I found the Howard Johnson which was a huge step up for a great price in helping me out while waiting to find a place. Not only was the staff friendly and attentive to my circumstance, the rooms were clean, bed comfy, fridge and microwave worked, plus there was a new big flat screen TV.
This was the perfect place to stay for the month I was there and would gladly do it again for the price given and accommodations received.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sean M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. Due to renovations, there's a slight feeling of construction. Still, we ended up in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was beautiful, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone needing a place to lay their head for a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My mother and I are traveling up to PEI. After 7.5 hours we knew we had to stop and I had checked out Bangor as a good halfway point. I poured over reviews of local hotels and was intrigued by the extremely positive reviews for HoJo.

We just stayed there last night (6/9/13) and I was blown away. We didn't arrive until 1:00 a.m. And the woman behind the desk was alert, friendly and could see we were exhausted. Check in was lightning quick and we were directed to our room. The rooms are inside the building (a must for me when I travel economy) and when we opened the door we were both blown away at the size of the room and the double beds. So spacious! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in, the room was spotless, the tv was a brand new flat screen, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, desk, and a cute table and chairs in the room. So many amenities all for the price of $68.00!!!

The bathroom was spotless and even had the newer shower rod that curves so it doesn't touch your arm (I know...picky, but that totally grosses me out when it does) blow drier, iron, ironing board, safe, and did I mention that the beds were heaven?

I know we were only there for about seven hours to sleep but it was worth every penny. Good breakfast at the adjoining restaurant with very good coffee (and I'm very picky about my beloved coffee) with 10% off for staying there...across the street from a gas station and a Tim Hortons and MAPLE DOUGHNUTS and the easiest access to the main roads.

Unbelievable deal...unbelievable stay.