“For the money you can't go wrong.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Bangor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Howard Johnson Inn Bangor
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
New Brunswick
“For the money you can't go wrong.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

I debated on whether or not to stay here after reading the other reviews.
I took a chance and found it clean,friendly,inexpensive and close to
everything.If you compare this to the other low price motels in the area
you will be satisfied with this one.It is not the Hilton but for $55 a night
you could do much worse.Just do as we do and ask to see the room
before checking in and make your own decision.Remember you are
staying a night or two not buying the motel!

Room Tip: Book ahead for the best rate.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Moncton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the first night of our long weekend in Maine, (Feb.2011). When we checked in and went to the room, at first, it didn't seem too bad. We had shopped for some food items and put them in the small fridge; looking to make sure the fride dial was on, which it was. The next morning when packing up to check-out, we noticed that the fridge had not been on, and the whole side of the inside, was mouldy..YUK...therefore, we had to through all of our food out.
The 2nd major incident was when we went out the side door to put our stuff in the car, which we were parked in a disability spot, ( with our W/C card hanging in the window). I went to go back into the hotel and the door was locked, and would not open with our room key card. I had to walk around to the other side to get back into the hotel...through all the ice and snow. When my husband came out, he let the maintainence guy know, who was working around in the hallway, The maintainence guy had said....that door is still broken ??? I let the desk know about this quite some time ago. When we went to the front desk to check-out, we informed the clerk about the fridge and loosing all of our food, to which he did not even aknowledge that there was a problem. We were quite disappointed in the reaction..or lack of...that we received. We had planned to stay the last night in Bangor at H.J.'s, however due to the above problems, chose not to. We understand that there can be problems at any hotel, however the problems that we incurred were not dealt with at all. I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mspalmtree

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

Machias, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Terrible hotel! We stayed here about 15 years ago, so I wasn't concerned about it until we arrived. The TV and stands were coated with dust - enough that I could have written 'Clean Me' in it. There were huge cobwebs hanging all over the ceiling and corners of the room. The lamp shades were cracked and splitting. The blankets were tattered and literally had large holes in them. The place was old, falling apart, and very unclean. We didn't check in until late, so just decided to stay the night. In the morning, the shower wouldn't drain at all! There's just nothing better than having to step into 6 inches of dirty water! When I told the desk clerk, she asked if I had reported it the night before. I told her that would have been impossible, since we checked in so late and didn't know the drain didn't work until morning. She wasn't too concerned and just wanted to get rid of me. Do not stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitmanp1
Bangor, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

Place is old, not properly updated, no heat in some rooms, dirty carpet! .Dust everywhere, heating unit was absolutely filthy with caked on dust, sinks and tub wouldn't drain, water had terrible odor, missing light switches, broken fixtures. I travel, and this is among the worst I have seen. I have requested a full refund from Corporate HoJo's, and if I don't receive it I will pursue further action. Oh, the Bar was very well run and clean.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bigbandman88
Presque Isle, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Checked in for a one night stay. Next morning no hot water. Cold showers for everyone. $20.00 taken off the bill. No ashtrays in smoking room. Everything worn & dirty. Upon checking out we had a $50 gift card and applied it to our bill. (Yes, it was good checked it not once but twice. Discovered when we got our credit card bill that our card was charged for the full price of the room. Screwed out of $50.00 bucks. The stay before this last one they lost our reservations. Thanks a bunch HoJo Bangor. Never again. Fool me once........................

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mainebear2
Cape Breton Island, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Would never recommend this hotel, rooms were smelly, floors not vacuumed, cigarette ashes on floor, no hotel info in room, beds not made properly, no info regarding shopping malls, etc. Restaurant service very slow but food was average.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fki1450
Sunny Corner, New Brunswick
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

I had to cancel a room for 2 nights as I had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights so when I called the receptionist told me it was cancelled and when I went to pay it wasn't cancelled. Then when we entered the hotel the smell was unbearable. The smell of cigarette smoked old carpet was terrible. The room was an alright size. There were 3 ladies and a child travelling. We started to unload our things and one of the ladies hauled back the bed covers and there was pubic hair everywhere. It was so dirty we just through the covers back up over the bed and got out of their as quickly as possible. We had only been there 20 minutes. We were willing to sleep in our vehicles if there were no other hotels available. We called The Econolodge directly across the street and stayed there and it was lovely and clean. I thought the Howard Johnson was a nice clean hotel but after reading all these reviews I will never stay here again even if it is a good price. Totally turned off.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family