“The place to stay in Bangor.”

Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Leverett, Massachusetts
“The place to stay in Bangor.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

It has been a couple of years since our last visit here. We were satisfied with our last visit, the property was clean and the staff friendly, but it was a bit worn. This time we arrived to a newly renovated hotel, a well appointed and immaculately clean room. It was a very hot July day, and the air conditioner worked very well. The staff was friendly and helpful. We travel with our dog Lia. This is a pet friendly property - not only in policy, but the grounds have good green space to stretch and curb your dog. Easy on & off of exit 182B from I-95. If you are flying in or out, the airport is right down the road. Good places to eat, but we must highly recommend Jason's pizza just around the corner. Excellent pizza & they deliver. The room also included a microwave oven, refrigerator and flat screen tv. If you happen to be a traveler who appreciates fresh air, the windows open. This is always a plus for us. Good value as well. This will be our destination lodging whenever in the area.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, request a first floor room in the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

We haven't stayed here in a few yrs, but with our favorite hotel full, we took a chance. They have done a lot of upgrading to the rooms and building itself. There is an indoor pool, fitness center and guest laundry. Our room was nicely appointed with solid surface countertop in the bath, microwave, flatscreen tv, and the hotel has free wi fi. It is also pet friendly,has restaurant on site and next to a Dunkin donuts.

You also have a choice of firm or soft pillows, which is nice. Would definitely stay here again.

Also the building is locked, accessible only with your room key for extra security.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K.C.NovaScotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed for 4 days in April and I must say I'll be staying again! From my quick & efficient check in to the check out I enjoyed an excellent stay. Front desk staff were very courteous (and gave me excellent restaurant suggestions ) in fact every staff member I came across Gabe me a smile and greeted me warmly. It was like home away from home!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank staple7papperclip
pawtucket
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I decided to take a last minute road-trip to Bangor, Maine so the kids could see Monster Jam. We arrived approximately 7:00 p.m., wet and tired and without reservations. I was able to use the Roomsaver coupon to get a slight discount on the room.

Check-in was quick and pleasant. Soon we were in our room, second floor. I must say I was slighly surprised that in order to reach my room I needed to exit the lobby through the front doors and drive around to the back of the building. Also, our room as a little bit from the elevator.

the room was spacious, with a min-fridge and microwave. We also had free internet and a large flat screen tv. Bathroom was clean, except for the dirty face cloth and tube of toothpaste left by a previous guest. We used the pool and hot tub. Towels were provided at the pool area which I thought was a great touch. The hot tub looked slightly dirty, but the pool was clean. Beds were very comfy, although I was disappointed that we were given 2 double beds. I see on the website they also had queens available.

Dunkin Donuts was right next door! Gotta have my Dunkin daily.

The kids and I agree its worth the extra money to stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shoegirl1020
Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with our two toddlers on the way home from New Hampshire. I liked our rooms, the pool, the hot tub, and the popcorn. I disliked the old layout of the hotel and separate buildings. You have to go outside to access all parts of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was very nicely updated. Unlike most hotels in this area, breakfast was not included.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AJ_Griffin
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip. The Hotel is very easy to get to off the highway. The hotel was nicely remodeled, and the stay included a free day pass to Gold's Gym. The hotel bar was excellent. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JR77Maine
Charlevoix, Mi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I always enjoy staying here. Nothing has changed its still great.

• Stayed April 2012