“FANTASTIC, clean, bright, and helpful”

Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed January 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel, after having issues at another hotel (gave us a smoking room, when we asked for non....). The room was large, clean and bright. During the night, my son became ill. Not knowing the area, or how to get to the store, the lady at the front desk actually drove to walmart and got us medicine as her shift was over. I have never had such customer service in my life. from now on, we will be stayin at this hotel when in bangor!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2007

I am staying in this hotel for 3 days and so far, it's been okay. It's definitely an older hotel, but the room I am in (double exec, non smoking) is just fine. The bed was comfortable enough (I've slept in some bad ones) and I got to choose different pillows based on my preference. The food is nothing to write home about but if you're just looking for some sustenance, it's fine. The staff is very nice, although I waited around for a bit to get served breakfast. The gym next door is a standard Gold's Gym, filled with your required meat-heads and college boys. The wireless is very reliable and the TV is nice and big. All in all, for the money, it's worth it. As some people have said, Bangor doesn't have a whole lot, but if you're in the area anyway, you might as well stay here.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MaineGirlAtHeart
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We often stay here when in Bangor. We had tried to stay at the Super 8 after reading the reviews here. We had a coupon from RoomSaver.com and were told in no uncertain terms that Super 8 was too full to consider a coupon. So we went down to the Holiday Inn and were welcomed with our coupon. Big bright room with a great king-size bed. Breakfast menu in the restaurant was fine too. We had a flat tire in the morning and the staff was helpful with recommending a tire shop nearby. Will probably stay here when we return to Bangor. Easy access to the interstate helps too.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Thank K.C.NovaScotia
Reviewed March 6, 2007

checked in the lobby on a friday evening at 6:00 pm with the lobby smelling of booze already, people drinking outside the lobby and smoking was surprising , first impressions were not the best as i thought about cancelling but changed mind when i requested a room farthest from the debauchary , the hotel needs new carpets as the smell is stong in the hallways , the rooms are ok but if you are paying over 100.00 us i expected more , the hallways were very loud with students drinking in rooms , called the front desk overall and resonse was very quick but the oeverall atmosphere was not condusive to a family vacation.

1  Thank muin
Reviewed January 13, 2007

To take a break from the winter cold we booked three rooms. We had a king size suite and two double rooms. The suite was AWESOME! The furniture was nice and comfortable. PLENTY of room. I went there with my two sister's and their family to take five kids swimming. They all had a blast! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel! A note ... we originally had reservations at the Ramada Inn just down the road. When I got there to check in their pool was closed for a private party for the entire day and evening. This was unacceptable! They advertise a pool as an amenity for ALL guests and I expect it to be available to all guests. I went to the Holiday Inn and the staff was very accomodating and friendly. I told them what happened at the Ramada and they assured me that they would never close their pool for a private party ... the pool is for ALL paying guests.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family