“If you're looking to hang out in your hotel room and not sleep- great place!”

Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend- about 9 PM bass pumping music that would shake your ribs was resonating through the walls of the hotel. My husband promptly said we can not stay here with this noise- so I went to the front desk. I was assured that this new night club was over their decibel level and the police were coming to lower the music but in the mean time I was offered to move to a room on the opposite side of the hotel. I went and checked the room out- it was quieter- so we moved even though it was only a queen size room and we were moving from a king size. We finally got a bit of sleep that night. The initial room was supposedly newly renovated but the chair at the desk was black and grimely with dirt on the yellow print fabric. The carpets also did not look new at all. The bathrooms and vanity only appeared to be new. The room we moved to - the bed was actually a murphy bed and very low to the floor- the vanity was in the bathroom in this room and it appeared a bit cleaner then the first night. We would have changed hotels at this point had we not already pre paid for this place. The second room was much quieter though and we did get a bit of sleep on the second night. The worst part of all this is that no compensation was offered to us for our discomfort and inconvinence - for the fact that we asked for a quiet room and got one near a night club, and the fact we had to move to another room and it was not what we reserved. I spoke at check out of the poor stay but wasn't offered anything. And also they charge an additional fee for a room safe upon checkout so watch your recipt! It's only $1 per night- but still excessive considering we never used it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller-NS
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Bangor Airport

Reviewed May 16, 2011

On our way back from northern Maine, my boyfriend and I stopped here for the night. We had gone white water rafter and were exhausted. This hotel was right near our route home, and was well priced. We arrived and were checked into the room within 2 mins. Upon opening the room door, I was very impressed. For what we paid the room was AMAZING. It was so clean, plenty of lighting, the bed was so comfortable and had tons of pillows. The bathroom gleamed and the shower was great. All we wanted was a hot shower, and a soft warm bed to pass out in after our adventure, and this hotel was perfect for our needs. Our room even had a flat screen TV so my boyfriend could watch the red sox and bruins, so he was very happy.

We did not use the pool, but did look in on it. It looked clean and warm and full of kids. So if you are traveling with little kids this will be a hit! It is also open early so they will have something to do in the morning.

The free breakfast in the morning was very adequate. Serve yourself bagels, english muffins, donuts, cereal, yogurt, danish and toast. They also had juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. You can eat in the breakfast room, or take it back to your room.

There is a Ground Round steps from the front door and it was also very good. We miss our Ground Rounds in Boston and did not know there were any left. Good food at a good price, and they have an ENORMOUS lounge with TVs everywhere you look, of different sizes, something else my boyfriend loved.

I would not recommend this hotel for a vacation, but just a quick stop for a night or two on your way to doing something else. If you are looking for a restful night sleep in a clean room with breakfast in the morning before you check out, this is the place for you!

Some rooms seem to have been redone (ours) and others have not. Ask for a newer room and you will have a good night!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
thibodeaucb, Manager at Quality Inn Bangor Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn of Bangor, Maine. I will be sure to pass on your positive feeback and compliments. Your response was very detailed and helpful to us to ensure we are doing the best we can to service our guests. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area. Christina

Reviewed May 5, 2011

We live in the area, but wanted a little excitement for the children, without much rushing around. My children's main fun is the pool. The pool was 4 1/2 ft at its deepest and not warm. The pool room was very warm (a plus IMO). The bathroom nearest the pool: BAD urine odor. The pool towels are halfway across the hotel at the front desk. Dumb! And way, way too small. It was packed with children. They all loved it. We visited the movie theater with cheap seats next door. We ate at Ground Round on a night when kids pay what they weigh for their meals. The free breakfast was a big hit with my girls. Toast, bagels, juices, doughnuts, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc. The room was clean enough but the bedspread had a stain and there was a chunk of yucky food under the bed. The Wi-fi was fussy. Vending machine ate my money but the hotel staff gave it back to me. I'd go again for the children.

• Stayed: April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment concerning your stay with us. I wanted to thank you for your feedback, especially letting us know where we did well and where we still need some improvement. We value you as a guest and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again when in Bangor, Maine. Christina

Reviewed February 21, 2011

We booked at the Days inn because of the pool, it was 4ft deep ( tell me that when I call please, or show pictures on the website) our 3 y/o could not swim alone so we ventured in to the barely waist deep frigid water good thing we did less than an hour later the pool closed due to someone throwing up in it....yucky! The sister hotel up the street was offered up but at 14 degrees and super windy the thought of that seem like a cold venture. The rooms themselves were very tiny barely any room beween or around the beds, we had the luxury of being in the landing path of the airport and on the side looking directly into the pool hall next door...... loud loud loud, we had the most inconsiderate group of people next to us who stood in the hall yelling and let their kids run from one room to the next finally after 3 complaints to the host and the "security guard" walking the halls at 11:30 pm they quieted down to a dull roar. The hotel had random trash both inside and out I am assuming the inconsiderate group of people to be behind some of that. The staff was very friendly and helpful the room was clean and well decorated the maids were great! The breakfast area was very nice and had quite a selection, oveall other than noise and the sad sad wanna be pool the stay was ok

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank calene84
thibodeaucb, General Manager at Quality Inn Bangor Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience during your recent stay with us. I appreciate the time you took to bring the matter to my attention. I assure you that I have reviewed the matter with my staff in the hopes that we may improve upon our service to you are valued guests.

I will also work with our IT Dept. to add the depths of the pool to our photo that is on our website.

Once, again I apologize for any inconveniences. Please, feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels. Sincerely, Christina Thibodeau

Reviewed September 3, 2010

I had stayed at this hotel twice last year and thought it was good value for the money. This time, I found the room more expensive and dirty. You can tell how clean a hotel room is by how well you can breathe through your nose in the morning. I couldn't. I also move the nightstand to plug my ipod in, and it was like it had never been moved and vacuumed around. The bed was comfy enough though. Unlike the rest of the hotels on our trip, no one asked how our stay was at check out. They just took the room keys.

Next time I'm in Bangor I will be staying at the Hampton Inn. It's really close to the mall.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This would have been an adequate budget hotel choice, except our room (117) smelled like a damp basement. We were only staying one night, so did not ask to change rooms. It may be that other rooms were perfectly fine. Our room obviously had water infiltration problems visible on the wall and ceiling, and we later discovered a large damp area on the carpet. I have no idea what caused that.

I'm pretty sure the room was clean, but the smell gave the impression that it was not.

The pool is cleaned once daily around lunch time. We went swimming first thing in the morning, and the pool was pretty grungry from use the afternoon and evening before.

The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful, and had we asked to change rooms, we probably would have been accommodated.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was very bright and cheery like all Days Inn's should be. Check in was very smooth no issues at all.
Front Desk staff was nice and seemed knowledgable.
The room was of decent size, bathroom seemed a little small because the sink was in the "living space" but I didnt mind it was different but convienent.
Beds were very comfy and I got a great sleep.
Would love to stay at this hotel again, I also got a great rate of 57.00 which I couldnt complain.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple