We stayed here as travelers who were just here to shop, so we were not here for the convenience of the airport. There are pro's and con's to everything, and this hotel was an example to that.
The pro's: I really did like the location. We usually stay in the Odlin Rd. area, but everything was booked. This was even more convenient to the mall and places we like to go so I really liked that. Very easy to find and get to.
The rooms are very nice, great beds and pillows, clean. The lobby is nice and restaurant looks good. There was a nice computer for use in the lobby area where I checked my email. Free coffee in the morning is good.
The staff were all good. Very nice and tried to help whenever we needed it.
The con's: Yes this is a Sheraton but it is expensive. It if were not for the special deal my mom got (pay full price for the first night, pay the amount of the year of your birth for the second night - so my 82 yr old mom paid $31 for night two), it would have been much too expensive for what it was.
Thin walls - OMG - Give me an older hotel made out of cement blocks any day. How fun to listen to couples going at it on BOTH sides of us both nights we were there. (NOT) You could also hear what show they were watching, the toilet flushing, and normal level voices. I had to make toilet paper earplugs and crank the air conditioner just to get to sleep and try to stay asleep. I would have rather heard airplanes than people.
The Parking Situation. You have to pull around back of the hotel, take a ticket, and try to find a spot behind the hotel along with the rental car and other parking. If you do luck out to get a dcent spot, you either have to wheel your stuff all around to the front of the hotel again or find the hidden door in the back. Do not forget to get your parking ticket validated every time you come and go or you will have to park and go back into the hotel or you're not getting out. If you tell your partner, "oh Ill go get the car", you have to drive down to the toll, give them the parking ticket, then pull around and drive back toward the terminal and pull in front of the hotel again.
The "pool" - there is not really a pool to play and splash around in nor is there a hot tub or anything. There is a very small pool about 8 ft long byt 4 feet wide, with industrial lights that made the area look like a physiotherapy pool for one person at a a time. I was disappointed in this.
Also if you are sick of waiting for the elevator and decide to take the stairs to the lobby level, you will come out in the middle of the restaurant between two tables. I had my luggage and bust through the door to some startled people eating breakfast, and then had to wheel everything through the restaurant to get out. It was very awkward.
I would not stay here again. Give me an older cheaper hotel made out of solid material with a cute little free breakfast any day. This was $250 for 2 nights WITH the deal I mentioned above. Not worth it at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport has 111 comfortable guest rooms and is connected to Bangor International Airport by enclosed skywalk. Our hotel is near Bangor Civic Center and Bangor Waterfront ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangor Airport Hotel Bangor
- 4 Points By Sheraton Bangor Airport
- Four Points Bangor Airport
- Bangor Sheraton
- Bangor Four Points
- Four Points By Sheraton Bangor Airport Maine