“Disappointing”

Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Halifax, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I realize this is only an airport hotel but it just doesn't Iive up to the Shearton name. I've seen bathtubs bigger then the pool, the bed are cheap frames and wobble when you sneeze, the tubs need to be re-done, and the quilts are old and nobby! And what ticked me off the most is they charged me $10 for a crib for my child -seriously???? I won't be a repeat visitor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BensMommy2010
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear BensMommy2010,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. We are actually a Four Points hotel, a select service hotel, in the Sheraton family. We hope you enjoyed the free bottled water, coffee and WiFi in your room. Our boutique-sized pool was re done a few years ago with the new pool designs for saline vs chlorine and is smaller in size and depth which is a safety feature. Our Four Comfort beds are being replaced this year to include new all white bedding with down blankets and white comforters. We apologize for the fee for the crib and would offer a complimentary crib on their next visit. The cribs are new and designed to meet the federal safety laws and with safety in mind we continually replace the cribs to ensure safety. We would like to make this experience up to you if you would give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at viviancammack@fourpointsbangor.com to discuss this further. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Hebrew first
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My son and I spent a night for a sports tournament in the area.
The hotel, and room, were clean and has a sky-walkway with direct airport access.
The room featured a fridge and microwave in addition to the "regular" items.
I found the room to be nice but the bin style bureau was unique but served its purpose.
The hotel does have a pool, but its small.
Parking is literally all around the Hotel and the front desk validates tickets.
The Sheraton Four Points at the Bangor Airport is a 'nice hotel with great staff'.

Room Tip: Upper Floor with Airport View
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank saandslbailey
Portland, Maine
Reviewed March 5, 2013

When you enter the airport, pull into the first Long Term parking lot (on the left) and then park as close to the hotel as possible. I was road weary, traveling after dark, and I circled the airport 3 times before I figured it out. Check in is on the second floor (by the walkway to the airport terminal) and getting your luggage to your room can be a challenge as there's no ramp outside - and you have to get up 2 concrete steps. The parking lot was packed and no temporary parking for check in, so I had carried my luggage across a wet and snowy lot. The hotel was completely full with our "Canadian cousins" who were on Spring break, so the small pool was packed with kids. The staff was very patient and friendly, and my room was large and clean with free wifi. As an SPG member, my room was on the 9th floor overlooking the terminal - which was a unique and enjoyable perspective. The restaurant was very good and the food was plentiful, and I enjoyed the crab cake appetizer ($11) which was 3 crab cakes atop a bed of greens. I also enjoyed an "American Breakfast" that was included with the room. My main criticism of the room, is that there's no fan in the heating/cooling system that can be used as white noise for sleeping, and the hallway was fairly noisy so I didn't sleep well. I stayed here - just to see what the hotel was like - but I won't stay here again unless I'm flying out of Bangor.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the view from my room on the 9th floor overlooking the runway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank LuckyLobsters
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Someone else was paying for our 3-night stay at the Sheraton, but I don't think I would ever willingly choose to stay here unless I had a very early morning flight out of Bangor airport.

The room we had was fine, but a little worn down and the view looked out over the large parking lot. The television didn't have many channels, and some of the channels inexplicably made a high-pitched beeping sound so we obviously avoided those. The heating system was very loud, so if you are a light sleeper I would avoid staying here during the winter months. The cleaning service only comes in the morning - we were still in the room one of the mornings that they came by and we asked them to come later in the day. They said they don't come by in the afternoons, so we had to wait until the next day to have our room serviced.

On the plus side: There was a fridge in the room, which is convenient if you are here for a longer stay, and the wifi worked well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CMK490
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in 2008 twice, once in 2010 and then again last night. We have never really loved staying here, but stay here cause of the convenience as it hooks onto the airport. The rooms smell a bit, the cost is way more than you should pay if it wasn't hooked to the airport, the pool is as big as your bathtub and the service is so,so. Yesterday when we got there our online reservation had been mysteriously cancelled and thankfully I had the old confirmation number. The room smelt a little "off" . The pillows were hard and our room seemed hot. We were actually woken up in mid sleep by someone on our floor taking the position of hall monitor and beating on the door of another guest room as there was very loud music playing. That was weird and I never really got back to the same level of sleep the rest of the night. If you have an early flight, it's way easier here, but don't expect luxury or normal things you would at other hotels.. We don't. Yes, we would stay again... But only for convenience as I much prefer to not hop into my car and drive to the airport for an early morning flight if I don't have to!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PollariVacationers

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The reason for our stay at this hotel was strickly the location of it being connected to the Bangor airport, and you park once, go to your room, sleep, walk to airport via pedway and fly to sunny destination. My husband travels extensively for work and stays at other Sheratons and this one is definitely worn.

Room Tip: if you want to get a good night sleep, don't have a room facing the airport.. get a room that fa...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KimmieBoo
New Brunswick
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've stayed at enough hotels over the years to know a good one from the bad so I can honestly say the parking lot layout at this one leaves something to be desired. Very confusing! The hotel is dated which showed in the scratchy linens and the worn carpets. The staff was friendly enough and the King Suite was more than adequate. My 13 year old boys loved having room to move and a place to sit other than the bed. There was very little noise from incoming and departing flights as well as other patrons. It's great knowing we do not have to leave the building to catch a flight. Just cross the Skywalk and we're in the airport. I will stay here again just for the convenience and the friendly front desk staff.

Room Tip: Love the suite because we are on the top floor...no noise above us :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family