“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Catskill, New York
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I just stayed at the Four Points for one night, and it was great. I came in on a flight from New York, and not having to deal with any shuttles was awesome, especially this time of year.The room rate was good, and I liked it much better than the other hotels I have stay in around Bangor. All the staff were extremely friendly, and the food was really good, and there was an extensive wine list :)
It was a very relaxing business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Valerie_Cross, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Allison,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Valerie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hebrew first
Ellsworth, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Four Points Sheraton with no complaints. This time I was not happy. This hotel is located right across from Bangor International Airport. I live about 30 miles away. Since I had a very early flight out of Bangor I decided to come the night before and not worry about waking up in time to drive so early. When I made the reservation I was quoted $155. The actual bill was $177. There is airport parking for $8.00 a night. I was told I could park my car there in the hotel parking lot that nite. Which turned out not to be the case.I had to move my car. When I checked in I was firm about my wakeup call. Four a.m. The receptionist assured me not to worry. I did not eat at the hotel that evening but went into to Bangor . I can't say I was impressed with the room. It was so-so. There was NO wakeup call at 4a.m.I could have easily missed my flight.No apologies. And $177 bill!
I have stayed in Sheratons through the world. This was the worst. The only bonus was a walkway that went from the hotel to the airport.
I would recommend staying in a variety of hotels close the airport. Why pay 177 when you can find a room for 70 with no charge for leaving your car and a free ride to the airport. Do your homework. Skip this rip off.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel all together. You won't get your money's worth.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Valerie_Cross, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that when you were quoted the rate that they neglected to add that it did not include the fees and tax. We take wake up calls very, very seriously. When you checked out did you tell the associate at the front desk that you did not receive your wake up call?

We do not own the parking lot, however, we are able to extend to our guests a substantial cost savings for leaving their car for a period of time. What you received was the 14 day ParknFly package which was a savings of over $90 on the parking alone.

We are truly sorry that you feel you did not receive your money's worth. Please call our General Manager, Vivian, as she would like to discuss this with you. (207) 947-6721

La Veta, CO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Five or six motels five minutes away. Our room 405 had no heat. We were moved to 505. Sheets were thin, room was small, toilet didn't flush. The Mrs. had to deal with the toilet nearly overflowing, fishing contents out. We stayed at ChoiceHotels coast to coast at about $60 less per night and much nicer accommodations. All in all, very disappointed in our experience. $85 dollars would have been acceptable, $154.00 for one night is just too much to pay when equal or better places are just a 1 1/2 mile away at half the price.

Room Tip: We got a free breakfast voucher, presumably because we had to change rooms due to no heat. Looked to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Valerie_Cross, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered during your recent stay.
Would you please contact us at 207-947-6721 so that we can rectify this? Thank you!

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Bangor hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here before to make the 6am flight a bit easier to manage, and this hotel is good for that. However there are some disappointments, the rooms are noisy, you can hear you neighbors talking at a normal conversation level. Additionally the shower keep changing temperatures on its own and on the 9th floor the roof is leaking and still has damage. In short this is a "lipstick on a pig" hotel with great convenience to the airport. That said I will go back to driving 10 min and staying in a better area at newer hotels near the mall.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerBangor, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay, we appreciate all of our guests. I apologize for the issues with the shower and temperatures, which were a result of a water booster pump that we recently had replaced, which corrected all the temperature and pressure problems. With the building and flat roofing we did experience an issue on the roof where the hallway on the top floor was affected. That roof area is under repair which will eliminate the damage on the roof. I also apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. I hope that in light of the repairs, this response and our guests being our first concern, that this guest would choose to give us another opportunity. We do take all of our complaints seriously, reacting quickly to guest complaints. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with the guest on his stay with us and hope he will contact me. Sincerely, VIvian T. Cammack, General Manager
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

After a previous experience with a dirty sheraton, I was so happy to arrive at this hotel! It was easy to find, clean, and the staff was friendly. I liked how updated everything in the hotel was. They also had a cute little lobby area with a fireplace. The resturaunt attached to the hotel had great food. In addition, it was good to see that even though it snowed all night, the parking lot was plowed and sidewalks were shovled. I will definitely stay her again next time I'm in Maine!

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for the kind comments. We work very hard to make sure each and every guest leaves happy. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Clarkesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived in Bangor after the car rentals had closed for the evening. We walked off the plane across the terminal to the hotel. It was a breeze. We were checked in within 5 minutes by the pleasant staff. The room was fine. The convenience priceless.

Room Tip: We did not use the kids activities or Spa. Our room was perfectly quiet even though we could see th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary F
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for the kind comments. The "priceless" comment was especially nice!

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Alhambra, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had journeyed from Boston for 4 1/2 hours to arrive at this hotel. It was clean with cooperative staff. Nice restaurant attached to the hotel. We had to arrange for a rollout bed because we added another friend that was going on a bike trip with us to Acadia National Park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for your nice comments.

We hope you enjoyed your visit to Acadia National Park. It's beautiful, isn't it?

We hope you come back to see us soon.