“One of my new favorites”
Review of Paddy Murphy's

Paddy Murphy's
Ranked #19 of 189 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 2, 2014

What fun to find a local watering hole! I love the atmosphere, casual tables and booths to sit in. Entertainment sometimes - can be a bit loud. Perfect location downtown.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

WOW!
I eat here at least once or twice a month. Its my go to when I cant make up my mind and I'm always happy that I chose to go their. The food is always right on the money and my drinks quench my thirst.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ordered irish coffees and bread bowls filled with clam chowder. Sounded great but was absolutely horrible. Very little Bailey's in the coffee and the chowder bread bowl was actually cold. The chowder was mostly potato and cream. It tasted like it came out of a can with potato and cream added. I had to hunt for the clams. The service was fast for our drinks but waited nearly an hour for our food. My husband discouraged me from making a scene and sending the food back. Not a positive end to the Festival of Lights celebration downtown Bangor. I will not recommend it or go back.

1  Thank marybanfield
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped by Paddy's for a quick dinner and shared a long table with a couple of young families. Food was comforting, decor was warm, and a wonderful quartet played jazz, Klezmer and even Willy Nelson while we dined. Friendly service and eclectic clientele- we'll be back.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We drove up from Portland, ME., heading for St. John, NB, and Bangor seemed like a good lunch spot. Not knowing where to stop, we picked a corner spot on Main Street (26 Main St.), and it was Paddy Murphy's. This was a wonderful, low key pub. We had a great table in the front window, and we thoroughly enjoyed the varied menu, the Irish music, the good service, and generally the ambience. We would certainly return to this establishment when in town--especially my wife (maiden name: Fitzpatrick).

Been to Paddy Murphy's? Share your experiences!