“Liked it enough to book on the trip home for another night” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN White House Inn

BEST WESTERN White House Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Halifax, Canada
“Liked it enough to book on the trip home for another night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The location was great. Close to the interstate so that getting to the mall and restaurants was easy. Family all enjoyed the pool. The room the first night was on the second floor, with two big beds. Very comfy. No traffic noise to speak of. On our return night, we had a room on the third floor and it seemed quite small with the cathedral ceiling, but we made out fine. The breakfast was lovely. Several hot items, yogurt, fruit, a make your own waffle machine, and cereals, too. That saved us $40 each day, so I think it was great!! I found the desk staff very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have doors to the outside which you may like.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage. We certainly appreciate your business and hearing how you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff. They work very hard and love to here when someone ejoys their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Alamo, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the BW White House in Bangor. It was conveniently located right off the road but we didn’t hear any traffic noise. Dysart’s was within easy walking distance for dinner. The towels were incredibly soft and fluffy and, for three women travelers, we appreciated the separate sink and mirror area. The breakfast was very good and plentiful. The reception staff was friendly and welcoming and we enjoyed the cookies at check-in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about our hotel. We really appreciate hearing how you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to share your comments about the towels with our laundry associates. We hope to see you again soon.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Right off the interstate, but fine as a stopover for our New England road trip. Presidential themed whitehouse lookalike, with fascinating portraits of all the presidents along our corridor. Nice, big clean rooms, with a door into the corridor and another out to the car park which was convenient. Nice outdoor pool, good breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. We had the room closest to the Interstate and with the stairs running down the outside of our room, but there was no noise inside the room. We weren't keen on the location of the spa pool off the lobby, but that's a minor point.
The great thing about this hotel though is that it's next door to Dysart's Restaurant and Truckstop. Walk across the carpark past the giant rigs, and you have an amazing choice of great food. Be warned, you may find yourself taking away what you can't finish for your lunch the next day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GreyFamily
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that you found everything to be quiet and restful. I am happy that you enjoyed the many amenities we offer. We have worked hard to make the property's presidential items interesting and glad you enjoyed them.
Dysarts has wonderful food and has been recognized by the food channel as having such. They are going to be featured on the food channel sometime.
Boston MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The motel is in between interstate 95 and the biggest truck stop in Maine. I thought this was going to be a problem but it was not. The motel was very clean and quiet, you could not hear the highway or the truck stop. There was a nice bar on the lower level. The closest place to eat was Dysart's truck stop. The food was excellent and plentiful and family friendly. I would recommend staying here. Motel staff was very nice and helpful. Note; this motel is just outside of Bangor, you do need to drive 10 min to get to the city.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quietest. the place is pet friendly.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Our staff loves to hear about a job well done and I am glad that you found everything to be quiet. I am happy to hear you had a great meal at Dysarts. They are actually going to be featured on a segment on the food channel. It was an exciting day when the crew was there filming. Hope to see you on your next trip to Bangor.
Lisbon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were waiting for the desk clerk to finish checking in the person ahead of us, This woman who clearly had been swimming, went behind the desk and checked us in! She was in a bathing suit, wrapped in a towel!! Then said our room number out loud, a huge secuirty issue!! I had called and made a reservation was quoted the AAA rate but upon checkin wasn't given it. Had to go back to desk to get this corrected. The room was on the 3rd flr, it looked like an attic! The window was on the roof! In the breakfast room the next morning, every single table was dirty! The food was barely warm! Upon checking out, I asked the GSR if they normally allow the employees to use the pool, I was told with attitude this was sometimes allowed. I have worked as a Guest Services Representative for just over 10 1/2 years for both a mid priced hotel and budget motels and this was not the case. Very unprofessional GSR. The housekeeping staff we came across however were very friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do allow our hotel staff to use our services here such as the exercise facility, hot tub and outdoor heated pool when these services are not in use by hotel guests. We believe in promoting health and wellness in our staff. I apologize that the guest service agent on duty was helping an elderly guest with the operation of one of our brand new 42 inch flat screen TVs. As our employee who was not on duty stepped into the lobby, she was greeted by a line of guests waiting to check in. She is very customer service oriented and immediately wanted to help the guests waiting as she was not sure where the on duty guest service agent was. We have informed her that while we appreciate her enthusiam and her willingness to go above and beyond, she needs to be in proper uniform as she offended one of our guests.
Fredericton, NB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and I figured I would comment on it. The only negative I have is that I stayed at a company rate and when I booked, they didn't mention that I would need to show company ID. Unfortunately, I switched purses before I left and didn't have company ID on me. Thankfully they allowed me to request a fax from my work and show proof.

The hotel itself a bit old, but it is well kept. My kids loved the pool and the large indoor hottub. I found that breakfast was pretty good for a freebie breakfast. The breakfast room is nice and large and kept neat.

We stayed on Aug 1 and again Aug 6. When we checked back in on Aug 6th, I needed to show the company ID again, even though I had only stayed there a few days prior. The attendant was quite rude, which was disappointing, as we only had good service before. He also very gruffly commented "this was booked for 2 and there are 4 of you". I pointed out that we stayed only a few days earlier with the same reservation and that was fine. He just gave me a cold look and handed me my room key.

My only other complaint I would have is that it is fairly close to a truck stop, so you do get the noise of the big rigs. However, it wasn't enough to wake you or keep you awake.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a returning guest. I apologize that the gentleman was not as kind as he should have been at check-in. Unfortunately, we have had guests that do not qualify for programs try to book and stay with us. Instead of doing away with the program we are simply asking that the guests present some sort of proof that they qualify for the program. This is also required when offering other discounts such as AAA/CAA, Military or AARP. I am so glad that your kids enjoyed the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bangor.
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Recently stayed here on our way to and from Nova Scotia from Boston. Rooms were clean, spacious, and had ever helpful microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffee makers. We had no problem with noise or hallway traffic. Ample Parking, great breakfast (my boys LOVED the waffle machine!!), friendly people, warm and clean pool, and a lovely walking path where we saw two deer!! I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. Our entire staff works very hard to make every guest's stay a wonderful experience. We love to hear when we have succeeded. I am glad your boys enjoyed the free continental breakfast. What a treat to see two deer on our walking path. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangor
Hampton Inn Bangor
#3 of 26 in Bangor
Vacationland Inn
Vacationland Inn
#1 of 5 in Brewer

Been to BEST WESTERN White House Inn? Share your experiences!