“Surprisingly good stay”

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Boston, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I've been visiting Bangor for 20 plus years and always thought this hotel was a truck stop hotel. This week, when I couldn't get a room at one of the usual chains, I checked Trip Advisor and was surprised to see such positive reviews so I took a chance. I'm happy I did!
The hotel is immaculate and the room I had was like new -- no complaints whatsoever. I could easily get Internet access, park close by and they provide a free full breakfast in the morning. These are the primary things I think business travelers are concerned with. You can walk to Dysarts truck stop to eat or buy provisions and fill up your tank. Although I didn't check them out, there is a bar,a hot tub and an exercise room. The outdoor heated pool looked well kept. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
We are so glad that you tried our hotel and had a great stay. We take pride in our hotel and work to make it the best it can be. We love to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. We look forward to hosting you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

If you don't like the US Presidents as decoration, then this is NOT the hotel for you. At every turn, there's something Presidential in some form. From pins to puzzles to paintings of EVERY President (even Obama in an older-style painting), it's everywhere.

Thankfully the staff overcomes the kitsch effect of it all and really went the extra mile for our stay. The woman who tended to the free breakfast area in the morning gave us fantastic recommendations that helped us have a great day in and around Acadia National Park.

And the breakfast is good, too. It's pretty standard: eggs, fruit, breads, make-your-own Belgian waffle, cereal, etc. And there's quite a bit of seating.

One thing we LOVED about this hotel is that it's less than a city block away from Dysart's, the truck stop that serves FANTASTIC food. Not just truck-stop fantastic, but flatout fantastic! It was really easy to grab great food, then relax in our hotel room.

Our room also had a door that entered into the hotel and one that went out to the parking lot (like a motel). That was pretty convenient, even if the hotel hallway part had some smoking/pet stench in it.

• Stayed May 2011
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was very helpful to you. We have capitalized on our name The White House including right to the architectual design of our new addition. Many of the things we have were given to us by guests who have found the items in their travels and have thought of us. We are glad you got to experience the beauty of Acadia National Park and Maine itself. We hope that you will visit our state again and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Grand Bend, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

A few years ago we traveled to the west coast and used mostly Best Western for our Hotels. We always trusted them for good value and nice rooms....then we had many bad Best Westerns in a row and stopped looking for them.
The Best Western White House Inn has given us a new look and feel for this hotel chain. Great rooms and price friendly staff quiet night...all good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HDrider_31
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about our hotel. Our staff enjoys hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a positive Best Western experience. Please come see us again soon.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

We spent the last weekend of April 2011 in Bangor, Maine. Our first night was spent at the Best Western White House Inn, but since this was our first vacation in many months, a night at the "Wilderness Lodge" (themed room) was just what we needed; it was quite relaxing and enjoyable. Check-in was swift, and the room rate was reasonable. The massage chair in-room was precisely what was needed after an eight-hour drive, and a mini-fridge for beers and a large flat-screen TV to catch the hockey game was perfect. The bathroom is quite large, including the spacious walk-in shower (which is actually two showers!). The room was absolutely clean, we could have sworn we were the first guests ever in this room, it felt that new. Though the hotel is essentially right next to the interstate, we didn't notice traffic noise at all; what's more, the next morning as we set out for Freeport, it was nice to be right on the highway for a quick start to the day. We will definitely be staying here again someday.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We love to hear our guests enjoyed their stay. The Wilderness Lodge is truly an enjoyable experience. I hope you get to come back soon. We have three other theme rooms for you to try.
Plainfield, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

After reading some the reviews I was a bit concerned about booking, but we were traveling with our 3 year old dog and the Inn permits dogs, hence we made our reservation. Upon arriving I was quite happily surprised with the condition of the Inn. I was a bit apprehensive booking a "dog friendly room" as I was concerned it was going to smell like dog and not be in very good condition. Well these worries went out the window when we arrived at our room. The room was newly painted/decorated and one could not tell if a dog had ever spent a day there. The staff members were all quite friendly and you can tell the cleaning staff takes pride in their work as our room was impeccable. Thank you White House Inn staff for making our weekend stay so wonderful! Will definitely consider staying at the White House Inn when we visit Bangor again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NiksMom05
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate our guests letting us know how we are doing. We are so glad that you and your four legged companion enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our property and are pleased that our renovations are well received.
Exeter, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2011

My wife and are from Rhode Island. We decided to take a week end trip to Maine. We frequent Maine a lot. We had to brave the snow,sleet and drive 40mph as soon as we entered Maine. This was the week end of February 25Th. It took us an additional 3 hours to reach our destination, The Best Western White house in Bangor. I guess we could of picked a closer spot to home but we were on a mission. When we arrived their the front desk a young man checked us in and asked if we were hungry. I could have eaten a moose. We ate at the Dysart's Truck Stop. What an experience. The place was nothing like I thought a truck stop would look like. The food was fantastic. When we walked back to the White house and tried to turn our TV on, it wouldn't work. We called the front desk and explained the situation. The young man came to our room and checked out the situation. I thought he would just remove and replace the TV. Instead he offered us an up-graded room. What a nice thought. In closing, if you want a nice, quaint,clean place to stay, I recommend this Best Western Hotel. Also the food is great next door also. Bob and Sue Moniz

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BobSue1
whitehouse3737, General Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you arrived safely here. The weather was not kind that weekend. I'm sorry the television was not working properly, we did replace it. I must agree the truck stop has great food.

Hope to see you again soon. Our outdoor heated pool will be opening in May!

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

My mother suggested this hotel as she stays there annually with a bus group. I decided to splurge on the theme suite instead of a regular room which in my opinion is worth every penny.
The first night we stayed in the romantic suite, and because of weather we had to extend our stay so we switched rooms to the nautical room.
We have stayed there at another time after as well because we enjoyed the rooms so much and they had a great deal on the rate.

The staff was great, the breakfast was alright, the location might be a bit out of the way but I prefer this.

The rooms had a fireplace, a king size bed(they are tempur-pedic so comfy), whirlpool bath, and a nice shower for two.

I would stay again in the suites if I get a really good deal as I have had in the past wtih room sales they have.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nbjuls
Thank your mother for recommending us to you. I am happy you tried two of our theme rooms. They are truly an experience. Please become a facebook fan for future offers.

Hope to see you again you have three more theme rooms to try.