“So much more than expected...”

Best Western White House Inn
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed April 24, 2011

After reading some the reviews I was a bit concerned about booking, but we were traveling with our 3 year old dog and the Inn permits dogs, hence we made our reservation. Upon arriving I was quite happily surprised with the condition of the Inn. I was a bit apprehensive booking a "dog friendly room" as I was concerned it was going to smell like dog and not be in very good condition. Well these worries went out the window when we arrived at our room. The room was newly painted/decorated and one could not tell if a dog had ever spent a day there. The staff members were all quite friendly and you can tell the cleaning staff takes pride in their work as our room was impeccable. Thank you White House Inn staff for making our weekend stay so wonderful! Will definitely consider staying at the White House Inn when we visit Bangor again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NiksMom05
whitehouse3737, Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate our guests letting us know how we are doing. We are so glad that you and your four legged companion enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our property and are pleased that our renovations are well received.

Reviewed March 11, 2011

My wife and are from Rhode Island. We decided to take a week end trip to Maine. We frequent Maine a lot. We had to brave the snow,sleet and drive 40mph as soon as we entered Maine. This was the week end of February 25Th. It took us an additional 3 hours to reach our destination, The Best Western White house in Bangor. I guess we could of picked a closer spot to home but we were on a mission. When we arrived their the front desk a young man checked us in and asked if we were hungry. I could have eaten a moose. We ate at the Dysart's Truck Stop. What an experience. The place was nothing like I thought a truck stop would look like. The food was fantastic. When we walked back to the White house and tried to turn our TV on, it wouldn't work. We called the front desk and explained the situation. The young man came to our room and checked out the situation. I thought he would just remove and replace the TV. Instead he offered us an up-graded room. What a nice thought. In closing, if you want a nice, quaint,clean place to stay, I recommend this Best Western Hotel. Also the food is great next door also. Bob and Sue Moniz

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BobSue1
whitehouse3737, General Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you arrived safely here. The weather was not kind that weekend. I'm sorry the television was not working properly, we did replace it. I must agree the truck stop has great food.

Hope to see you again soon. Our outdoor heated pool will be opening in May!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

My mother suggested this hotel as she stays there annually with a bus group. I decided to splurge on the theme suite instead of a regular room which in my opinion is worth every penny.
The first night we stayed in the romantic suite, and because of weather we had to extend our stay so we switched rooms to the nautical room.
We have stayed there at another time after as well because we enjoyed the rooms so much and they had a great deal on the rate.

The staff was great, the breakfast was alright, the location might be a bit out of the way but I prefer this.

The rooms had a fireplace, a king size bed(they are tempur-pedic so comfy), whirlpool bath, and a nice shower for two.

I would stay again in the suites if I get a really good deal as I have had in the past wtih room sales they have.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nbjuls

Thank your mother for recommending us to you. I am happy you tried two of our theme rooms. They are truly an experience. Please become a facebook fan for future offers.

Hope to see you again you have three more theme rooms to try.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

This location is by far the best place I have ever stayed in the Bangor area. The rooms are spacious and clean and the hotel staff are awesome !! Lots of smiles everywhere to welcome you and make you feel like they really appreciate your business. The breakfast is wonderful, lots of variety- even fresh waffles. The dining area is spotless and a worker on duty during the breakfast to keep things clean and running efficiently. Gotta love the whirl pool- it's big enough for several people. There's an outdoor heated pool for summertime travelers. A big bonus is Dysart's Truck Stop next door that is open 364 days a year and has tons of homemade offerings. The motel has public computers for your use at no charge and it is near a walking trail. This location gives you four pillows on each bed and the beds are either king or queen- a feature I really appreciate. I look forward to each and every visit to Best Western White House as I know I will be greeted like an old friend and they will do everything within their power to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noonanite62

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be happy to know the outdoor pool will be opening in early May.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

I went to the BW White House Inn on October 30th with "the girls". We stayed in a nice two bed room. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't watch tv, but the room did have a flat screen tv. The breakfast was very good. It includes waffles, cheese omelets, sausage, fruit cups, cereal, pastries, boiled eggs, coffee, juice and milk. We stayed for free, as I had earned a free night by staying in a BW for two nights this past summer.

The staff was wonderful. The breakfast lady was friendly and was busily replenishing food, as a local track team had just finished having breakfast. The lady at the desk was very pleasant and always had a smile. My friend asked about their themed rooms and she took us to the second floor to show us the Romantic Room and also the Wilderness Lodge Room. They were very luxurious. They would be great for special events like weddings, anniversaries, or just because. I understand that sometimes they have specials on these rooms, so keep your eyes open.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Our theme rooms are truly a destination. Sometimes it is nice to get away for a night and enjoy a relaxing evening. Our theme rooms are perfect.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed on the 2nd floor in the old part, overlooking the truck stop parking lot. The room was far from being renovated, the beds appeared to be new and the bedding was new. But the furniture was old and worn, the decor was dated and you had to get down on your knees to open the tiny fridge. But it was clean. You could hear the people above walking around, and toilets flushing. It was very hot when we were there and there is no a/c in hallways or breakfast room. The breakfast did have boiled eggs, toast, etc with waffle makers , of which only 1 worked so there was a long wait to use it. The breakfast room was very crowded and busy. For the price , I would probably look elsewhere if I was in that area again. I agree with some others, the older man at reception was not friendly. The internet was very weak but I was able to hook up to the truck stops internet from our room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
whitehouse3737, General Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Thank you for your review. We have just completed a 2.5 million dollar addition, which includes an exercise room, indoor whirlpool, breakfast room, five theme rooms and 7 executive rooms, all with fireplaces, microwaves and refrigerators. As you could see from the new bedding we are now working on our traditional rooms. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast. I apologize that one of the waffle makers was down leaving only one working. I have requested that the waffle company leave us a third maker as a spare. I am sorry that the breakfast room was crowded. We do have seating for 60 people, perhaps we had a group staying with us that all came done at once. Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

When I made the reservation, I was told "Oh the room has a skylight" I thought that sounded nice. What I wasn't told was it was the only window in the refurbished attic room. The airconditioning sounded like a plane taking off all night. There was no airconditioning in any of the halls. Also the back door was unlocked all night and right next to the elevator, leaving the guests suseptable to any one coming in at anytime of the night. We had to get back on 95, drive several miles to a resturant. I had AAA and not given the discount. The guy at the front desk was less than helpful and obviously hates his job. This hotel is in a rural area outside of Bangor, not in town. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
whitehouse3737, General Manager at Best Western White House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your third floor room. Our third floor rooms do have skylights and cathederal ceilings. There are a couple restaurants within two miles of our property, both accessible without getting back on the interstate. The first is a great seafood restaurant and the second is the truck stop which is within walking distance and offers great food. I hope that you were able to enjoy some of the great extras that we do offer. Like our outdoor heat pool, exercise room, lounge, business center, indoor whirpool with waterfall and a delicious waffle which is included in our complimentary hot breakfast. I do hope that if travelling in the area again that you do give us another chance to serve your lodging needs. Please call ahead and request a room on a lower level. Hope to see you.