“Not bad”

Umami Noodle Bar
Ranked #43 of 202 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of the only places to get ramen in the area,been there multiple times.
Their broths lack flavor, in my opinion. But their signature bowls aren't bad. They offer a "make your own bowl" option, with a good list of things to choose from to put into it. One of the few places in the area to offer kimchi as well. Staff are ALWAYS so nice.

There's parking lot behind the building (Columbia st.) if you don't want to park on main st.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (80)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's hard to find a good ramen place. We were vacationing in Bar Harbor and this was the closet place and we took the chance and made the drive. We were not disappointed.

The depth of flavor in the broth was on point. What makes a ramen good is the broth and they delivered. Loved the flavor and also loved that you could customize your ramen. They have standard bowls but you could also add to those or completely build your own.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

We have been to Umami a few times. The staff is great. The noodle bowls are always tasty; but overall the place is a dive and getting worse. :( I deducted points for lack of cleanliness.

I get that a place can have inexpensive/homemade fixtures with an eclectic feel; however that is not an excuse for grime and filth in the corners, restrooms, etc. I wonder what the kitchen really looks like. Hello Maine Health Inspector!?!?!?

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019

While visiting Maine last year, I was in the mood for some Udon, and this was the closest place to our hotel. Mom was not in the mood, but I promised to pay, so she tagged along.

My udon was very good, but my mom *still* raves about how good their pork dumplings were. She wants to go back to Maine just to get them. She really loves how they made them fresh, even though we had to wait a bit to get them.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2019

The concept is pleasant - pick your broth, noodle, protein and extras, or choose one of their tried-and-true combinations. The results were indeed Umami and flavorful, though if you want strong tastes you really should add one of their several delicious sauces. The day was nice, so we took our bowls onto the sidewalk seating. Marvelous!

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Umami Noodle Bar? Share your experiences!