“Still our favorite place to stay in Bangor”

The Country Inn at the Mall
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Nova Scotia
“Still our favorite place to stay in Bangor”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

Here's the thing....if you are looking for all the bells and whistles, and frills, this isn't the place for you. But, if you are looking for clean rooms, good value for your money and location close to shopping, this is the place for you. We walked in with a coupon from www.roomsaver.com for $59.00 and they gave us that rate per night for two nights. That gave us a king-size bed, a room with a Keurig coffee maker, free breakfast which includes cereal, toast, fruits, and waffles, free parking, free homemade cookies, free coffee/tea 24/7 in the lobby. We always noticed how friendly the staff was, everyone said good morning, from the housekeeper, to the man shovelling the walks.

The location is handy to the mall for shopping and there are plenty of restaurants nearby too.

If there was a negataive, it would be that we found the heating system a little hard to regulate, too hot, too cold.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K.C.NovaScotia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
woodland, maine
Reviewed December 28, 2010

was suddenly stranded in Bangor during a snowstorm and gingerly drove to this hotel and asked for a rate. Once I walked into the lobby and saw the hardwood floors and fireplace I figured the price would be high but not so. This is a very well kept inn with friendly and helpful staff. There is definitely nothing special about the rooms. In fact they're sort of "generic" looking but very clean.
This hotel is also conveniently located right next door to wal-mart in case one needs something and its close to both the mall and several restaurants. Very pleased.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank alzapp
Halifax, NS
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Will definitely make this our hotel for future trips. They are not affiliated with The Country Inns any longer that is why I couldn't book my reward points but that will not be a factor in the future. The Xmas decor made it sooooo inviting!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cabinescape
Aroostook
Reviewed December 11, 2010

My standards must be lower than some of the reviewers.
I didn't quite know what to expect as I had stayed at several motels in south Bangor.
Big mistake.
I arrived on a cold December night. When I arrived the Christmas lights outside were pretty.
Walking up to the entrance the first thing I say through the glass-paneled door was a cheery, roaring fire in the lobby fireplace. The lobby was attractivly arranged around the fire with a Christmas tree in the corner of the room. First thing I wanted to do was sit down and relax by the fire before checking in.
Check-in was a breeze thanks to the desk staff. She acted like she recognized me even though I had never stayed there.
I smelled no smoke as some have said. My first impression of the inn was quite positive. When I opened the door to my room I was pleasantly surprised. Very spacious, nicely arranged with attractive furnishings. I had an accessible room. That may be why the room seemed large. There was plenty of space to move about in a wheelchair.
The bathroom was spotless as well as the rest of the room. My one complaint? The tiled floor in the bathroom was freezing. Had to put down some towels to stand on. And there was plenty of thick towels. Toiletries were laid out in a convienient manner.
I fell asleep very quickly in my comfortable plush king bed. There was some night noise buy not worse than a lot of hotels. The linens were fresh, clean and crisp.
Check out was a breeze. I was already expecting to stay here next time in Bangor.
There's no pool. There's no exercize room. No concierge. The breakfast room was large and well-kept.
The location is perfect for shopping and haveing a nice meal. Situated at the north end of the mall area its away from traffic and traffic noise.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ShortMainer
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Very clean, friendly staff, super close to all shopping and restaurants. Sleeping was so-so. The bed was stiff as well as the pillows. The heater in the room kept going off and on and was noisy. Kept waking me up. They had a Keurig single cup coffee maker in the room which I thought was a night touch :o)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JulieLuc12
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We have stayed at this property at least twice a year for over ten years. Always found it good value and good service. At 12:30 pm today I arrived to register with a coupon we picked up in a magazine on the turnpike. "Sorry - none of those rooms are available" but we can accomodate you for $15 more than the coupon. Bait and switch ? End of a ten year tradition.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, ny
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Great location and easy to get to. Room and hotel were clean. Nice breakfast in the morning.
Close to the bangor mall and i-95. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo