“Excellent hotel in perfect location”

The Country Inn at the Mall
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Will definitely make this our hotel for future trips. They are not affiliated with The Country Inns any longer that is why I couldn't book my reward points but that will not be a factor in the future. The Xmas decor made it sooooo inviting!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cabinescape
There are newer reviews for The Country Inn at the Mall

Reviewed December 11, 2010

My standards must be lower than some of the reviewers.
I didn't quite know what to expect as I had stayed at several motels in south Bangor.
Big mistake.
I arrived on a cold December night. When I arrived the Christmas lights outside were pretty.
Walking up to the entrance the first thing I say through the glass-paneled door was a cheery, roaring fire in the lobby fireplace. The lobby was attractivly arranged around the fire with a Christmas tree in the corner of the room. First thing I wanted to do was sit down and relax by the fire before checking in.
Check-in was a breeze thanks to the desk staff. She acted like she recognized me even though I had never stayed there.
I smelled no smoke as some have said. My first impression of the inn was quite positive. When I opened the door to my room I was pleasantly surprised. Very spacious, nicely arranged with attractive furnishings. I had an accessible room. That may be why the room seemed large. There was plenty of space to move about in a wheelchair.
The bathroom was spotless as well as the rest of the room. My one complaint? The tiled floor in the bathroom was freezing. Had to put down some towels to stand on. And there was plenty of thick towels. Toiletries were laid out in a convienient manner.
I fell asleep very quickly in my comfortable plush king bed. There was some night noise buy not worse than a lot of hotels. The linens were fresh, clean and crisp.
Check out was a breeze. I was already expecting to stay here next time in Bangor.
There's no pool. There's no exercize room. No concierge. The breakfast room was large and well-kept.
The location is perfect for shopping and haveing a nice meal. Situated at the north end of the mall area its away from traffic and traffic noise.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank ShortMainer
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Very clean, friendly staff, super close to all shopping and restaurants. Sleeping was so-so. The bed was stiff as well as the pillows. The heater in the room kept going off and on and was noisy. Kept waking me up. They had a Keurig single cup coffee maker in the room which I thought was a night touch :o)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JulieLuc12
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We have stayed at this property at least twice a year for over ten years. Always found it good value and good service. At 12:30 pm today I arrived to register with a coupon we picked up in a magazine on the turnpike. "Sorry - none of those rooms are available" but we can accomodate you for $15 more than the coupon. Bait and switch ? End of a ten year tradition.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Great location and easy to get to. Room and hotel were clean. Nice breakfast in the morning.
Close to the bangor mall and i-95. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BillBuffalo_ny
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We reserved this hotel while on a back to school shopping trip. It looks great on the outside and the lobby area is very inviting. However, the rooms are old and show their age! We stayed during a heatwave and lost our air conditioner in the middle of the night. Beds are small and didn't appear to have new sheets from the previous guests, which I guess went along with the hair found on the toilet seat! One night here is enough! We will try somewhere else tonight!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sheckleremporium
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed here last year and enjoyed it, and this year was the same. This time we stayed on the second floor. Our room seemed larger than the one we stayed in on the first floor, but having a year between stays, it's hard to say.

We love being able to open the windows in our room, and I found the firm mattress a comfort to sleep on.

As another reviewer had mentioned, this place is far from soundproof, but in our case, none of the noises we heard interfered with our ability to relax.

The breakfast food was pretty much the standard offerings (cold cereal, oatmeal, English muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, sausage patties, eggs,. juice. coffee, tea.

We always enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business