“Best hotel I've been to.”

The Country Inn at the Mall
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is so far out of all the hotels I've been to, this is the best and the cleanest ever. They are very kind and helpful with any of my needs. The rooms are all up to date and a good size. Most hotels have a very small room and are lucky to even have a sink. The price and what you get are amazing. Anytime I'm back in the area this will be my fist choice.

• Stayed: May 2014
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This place is really a gem if you are traveling on route 95 in this area. It was frozen raining sideways and stinging my face as I walked up to the front door of this little inn. We opened the front door and there in front of a blazing fire place a rocking chair making it feel like home. The rooms were clean, modern and beds comfortable. In the morning we got free hot breakfast. They had eggs that weren't so good but the Belgian waffle maker made very good waffles.
This place is a great value. I will definitely return when I'm in that area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room directly over the front door and enjoyed the view. It was quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you, very much, for taking the time to post your review! I'm so glad we were able to offer you the comforts of home during such unfavorable weather. Home away from home is what we aim for! I hope you come back and stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My family stayed at the Country Inn at the Mall in Bangor during a recent trip to a college open house. The Inn is very quaint and welcoming. Located right on Stillwater Avenue near the Bangor Mall, the lnn looks like it should be in the countryside somewhere. The location is great since there are a pelthora of stores and restaurant options all up and down the street.

The lobby is beautifully decorated and very welcoming. In the winter the fire place is used. The clerk at the front desk was a little stressed upon our arrival (the wi fi was acting up) but settled down to check us in. The halls were clean, as was our room. My son got quite a kick out of the fact that we used an actual key and not a key-card to unlock the door!

The beds were comfortable and the room was organized well. The rooms could stand to be updated with better lighting and lighter walls but no complaints about the comfort!

The best part was the breakfast nook and continental breakfast which came with the room. Many "free continental breakfasts" consist of some cereals and yogurt. Not this one! In addition to cereal, yogurt, fruit, juices and coffee, there were breakfast sandwiches, waffles and many choices of breads. No one was hungry that morning - not even my teenage son!

We were very pleased and plan on staying there again when we are back in Bangor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review! I am very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was our fourth or fifth stay at this hotel and it was as good this time as ever. The last stay was a year ago and, like us, things are not as bright and shiny as they were then. The staff, as always, is helpful and accomodated our request to remain an extra night because the road ahead was under a late winter blizzard warning. Along with that, they moved our room closer to the breakfast room and entry to accomodate my disabled wife. They are the best!

It is conveniently located with a broad range of restaurants near at hand and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else while visiting Bangor.

Room Tip: Call for a reservation rather than booking online through a 3rd party that doesn't pass along sp...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank XRCN
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I appreciate your compliments on our staff. We strive, every day, to provide the best, most pleasant, and most helpful service possible. Hearing that you enjoyed and benefitted from our service means a great deal to us. Over time, our rooms and the hotel, in general, are undergoing some changes and renovations. I hope you come to stay with us again, and get a chance to enjoy our improvements! We are always happy to see returning guests!

Thank you, again, for your review.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at the Country Inn at the Mall in Dec 2013. The price was right at $71. Young girl at front desk not very helpful, just doing her job. The place was not busy, very few cars in parking lot. We were put in an adjoining room on the first floor next to a family with young children. Very noisy, you can hear right through the adjoining door. The room was nice and clean. The heating unit is getting old and noisy. Breakfast was OK for a free breakfast..nothing to cheer about. If the price is right, I would reconsider staying but would insist not being put beside a young family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georges
CountryInnattheMall, Front Office Manager at The Country Inn at the Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize that your stay wasn't entirely satisfactory. If you are ever in the area again, and choose to stay with us, we will be more than happy to accommodate any requests, (i.e., 1st floor, no adjoining door, room with refrigerator, near entrance, etc.) to the best of our ability. We are in the process of upgrading our heater units, and some of them have yet to be replaced. I apologize that yours was bothersome & greatly appreciate you letting us know, so that we might fix this.

Thank you, again for your review!
I hope that you will stay with us again, sometime, so that we might provide you with the experience we feel that all of our guests deserve.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Writing this for my parents they are not internet people

they stayed at this hotel in November while there were shopping for deal in the US. The staff and hotel were great. due to rushing around to leave they left some of the items the bought on the trip. After contacting Florence S. the items were located and packed up. After some difficulty to get a courier to pick up the items. Florence S. took care of my parents items and was able to get them in the hands of the courier.

That is service above and beyond.

Gary and Colleen K

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andrew k

Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay! We are happy to give you the best service that we can provide. I will pass along your appreciation to Florence. We love hearing that we were able to help our guests. Thank you very much for your kind compliments!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have been staying at the Country Inn for many years and have never had a bad experience. Hotel is very warm and welcoming upon entering, staff are very friendly and accommodating.
Flo, the manager is a gem.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tammy W

Thank you kindly for your review! I will be sure to pass this along to Flo.