We stayed there on a one-day jaunt through Bangor, and the Country Inn gave us just what we needed --- a very comfortable quiet place that allowed us to get a good night's sleep without paying an arm and a leg for it.
Breakfast -- not a huge variety of kinds of food, but what was there was good and fresh. There were fresh cookies at the check-in, and the lobby was super-attractive, comfortable, and welcoming, with comfy sofas around a fireplace. (not necessary in July, of course!) The abundance of wood in the building design contributes to a very homey, warm feel. The receptionists were extremely courteous and helpful.
The room had a good air-conditioner -- a little bit noisy, as most hotel ac's are -- but very effective. The bed was comfortable, and the room layout was attractive and comfortable. We had a good night's sleep after a long day of driving, and were very glad that we had chosen the Country Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the intersection of Hogan Road and Stillwater Avenue, The Country Inn at the Mall is your home away from home when visiting the Bangor area. Our independently owned 94 room hotel has been hosting guests from all walks of life since its opening in 1989. Our cozy lobby offers a "country" ambiance that most people describe as homey and comfortable - the cookies that are made fresh daily also help! The welcoming atmosphere of the lobby is appreciated by our guests who enjoy the couches by the fireplace - or if it is warm you will find them on the front porch passing the time in the rocking chairs. Our front desk staff is always friendly and courteous as we provide exceptional customer service to every guest, for every stay and our housekeeping staff prides themselves on their attention to detail. The consistent positive feedback that we receive from visitors is a testament to how much each employee cares about the hotel and our guests. We have many people who have been coming here for years and won't stay anywhere else when visiting Bangor - regardless of what interest initially brought them to the area. Whether you are a returning guest or trying us out for the first time, we appreciate your interest in our hotel and we look forward to providing you with an excellent stay at our Country Inn at the Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your The Country Inn at the Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Country Inn At The Mall Hotel Bangor
- Country Hotel Bangor
- Country Inn Bangor
- The Country Hotel
- Bangor Country Inn
- The Country Inn At The Mall Bangor, Maine