“They understand what gluten free is!”

Dysart's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 184 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: We're a family restaurant specializing in home-style food. Whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert, we serve homemade and delicious food in a friendly atmosphere. A must visit for a true Maine experience. Breakfast is served all day, we offer takeout, and we provide a variety of Dysart's made bakery goods to take home. Open 24 hours Monday-Sunday.
Hodgdon, Maine, United States
“They understand what gluten free is!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had a awesome meal. When I mentioned I was gluten free the young girl knew what that meant and offered a gluten free menu. When I ordered, I asked some more questions about gluten free and she said they had a separate cooking area for gluten free items. She passed my test! I really enjoyed my meal and had no reactions at all. (I have been gluten free for over 14 years and easily react to gluten.) Some of the others had some awesome deserts. It is a 24 hour restaurant and truck stop. Very close to the I-95 exit so easy on and off. The trucking lounge and eating area is separated by a wall.

• Visited March 2014
958Cherie, Public Relations Manager at Dysart's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! We're happy to offer gluten free options for those that are sensitive to gluten. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Saint John NB
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been here many times as both a commercial driver and on personal visits and I have always left there feeling well treated, well looked after, and very well fed. Awesome food, and lots of tempting choices on the menu. Go hungry and prepare to be treated as family.

• Visited March 2014
958Cherie, Public Relations Manager at Dysart's Restaurant, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review, NBfamily! We're glad that you enjoy our food and service! We're happy to treat all our customers like family.
“Too chaotic!!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Was taking the greyhound bus, the restaurant is in the terminal so we grabbed some breakfast. Nothing special, portions size was above average that was nice. :) restaurant was chaotic and hectic so loud and confusing at times i should have ate in my car. Alot of terminal restaurant s are the same so I expected it. Not good not bad , satisfactory though.

• Visited April 2013
We're sorry for your experience here at Dysart's. It can get chaotic at certain times throughout the day. Please let us know what we can do to help make your next visit more enjoyable. Thank you for providing your valuable feedback!
Bangor, Maine
“Nasty”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went here for breakfast before heading out on a road trip. The food was barely edible, as a matter of fact we didn't eat much it.

• Visited September 2013
We apologize for your experience here at Dysart's. Is there anything specific we can do to help? Was there something in particular that was wrong with the food? We appreciate your feedback and would like to do what we can to make your experience here a positive one. Thank you for your review!
Portland, Maine
“Home cooking at its best”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am always pleasantly pleased when my family dines at Dysarts. Home cooking at its best. The portions are large and a great value. Many options for the whole family. I love that the wait staff seems to remember regular customers. Always a stop when in town.

• Visited January 2014