“Truckers know what's good!”

Dysart's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 186 Restaurants in Bangor
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: We're a family restaurant specializing in home-style food. Whether for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert, we serve homemade and delicious food in a friendly atmosphere. A must visit for a true Maine experience. Breakfast is served all day, we offer takeout, and we provide a variety of Dysart's made bakery goods to take home. Open 24 hours Monday-Sunday.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We walked to Dysart's from our hotel. It is open 24/7 and we went after dark. It meant crossing the restaurant parking lot full of parked and parking big-riggers. It was one of the biggest thrills this Christmas! Inside we sat where we could watch, like a "Trucker Ballet", as they pulled in and out and up to the pumps. Oh yeah, the food! The place is warm but rudimentary - staff friendly and professional - the clientele soooo interesting! There is no alcohol served by law but - the food is great! We had a plate of the best clams in Maine - and we have tried a lot of them. We were a little skeptical of the freshness in December at a truck stop but they melted in the mouth, succulent, just a dusting of batter. If you like clams, hand cut fires, excellent cole slaw and all the usual suspects for rib sticking satisfying fare - Dysart's is super. On the way out people rushed past us to the bakery counter grabbing this and that - they had driven there to "do their baking" for Christmas! We picked up a few things too and they did not disappoint!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very good food, friendly service. Great value for breakfast. One of my new favorite breakfast spots in Bangor.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Twice now in the last three months, my wife and I have stopped for breakfast at this restaurant and both times the service was fine. The hostess seated us once and once it was seat yourselves. On our first visit I was in the mood for a full breakfast and everything was great. On the second visit my wife and I were looking for a light breakfast and found the menu to be lacking. Unless you want to order every item individually, from the "side order" section of the menu, at a much higher price, there are no small breakfast entrees offered. Admittedly, if you're looking for a large, carb loaded breakfast, for a decent price, this restaurant is fine. Many of us "travellers" are in our "senior years" where calories and carbs really count. I've read many of the other reviews and I just have a hard time saying that it is "the best breakfast I've ever eaten and the prices are fantastic" or anything of the such. Let's be honest--- you get a good meal for a decent price but you'd better be hungry because I haven't found any small meals for a reasonable price. Secondly; for breakfast, we ended up ordering their equivalent of an egg mcmuffin and it was an egg on a dry muffin with nothing else. No ham, no cheese, not even butter on the muffin. I'm not saying I won't be back (not many choices for breakfast in that area), but I will make sure that I'll only go if I'm willing to sacrafice my eating habits and stuff myself with carbs. Sorry, breakfast is the easiest meal to fix and can have the most options without cluttering a menu. My feelings--- offer something for everyone. I will stop in the near future and try dinner, and yes I will write a comment, but I'll have to wait for 90 days because of the rules of "Tripadvisor"

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went here on Thanksgiving, when visiting. The portions were huge, and the food was excellent. It was not gourmet food, but just plain good. The appetizer hot wings were delicious, and the stuffing was excellent. A person in our party had the one pound burger and it was huge and delicious. The rolls were good, but very gummy and undercooked inside. The coconut pie was just okay, and would not order it again. It was more like coconut pudding, with whipped cream on top.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

No matter where I go in the world I will never find a place better than this. The food is the best, with prices you can't beat. Can't get enough of their breakfast foods. There's nothing bad, and I've never had a bad experience. Service is good and their bakery is top notch. Make sure to try one of their desserts.