“Nothing fancy”

Ranked #4 of 7 Dessert in Bangor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Full service restaurant & bakery serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert. We do catering, special orders, and breakfast all day. Governor's is family owned for over 50 years.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

food was ok, but entire place could have been a bit cleaner. Ellsworth and Stillwater locations are better in my opinion.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Overall the food was good. The waitress on the other hand was not the best. Didnt come back for refills on drinks or to see how our foos was. a nice place to take your family.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The staff here are really great! I dined here by myself while on a work/educational trip and everyone was very friendly. One of the managers was walking around and asking how everyone's meal was. When she got to my table, she asked if I liked milkshakes and what my favorite kind was. 5 minutes later, complimentary chocolate milkshake arrived at the table! A really small thing that they did, made a great impact. I had the blueberry pancakes and also tried the no bake peanut butter cookies and all of it was delicious.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Governor's is a good place for lunch if you are looking for an inexpensive meal. The staff is very friendly. I tend to like the atmosphere at the Orono location better, but Bangor restaurant is fine for a quick lunch.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We stopped by for a late breakfast. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was well prepared and the portions were more than filling for an active older teen and active adults. Decor could use some updating for some, but that just adds to the ambiance of a local chain. As we were there for a late breakfast, the lunches being served (especially the seafood platter) looked yummy. Looking forward to our next trip to Bangor in a few weeks and will be back to try the seafood.